Author Topic: Notes in margin, 1844 Baptism Coldstream  (Read 265 times)

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Notes in margin, 1844 Baptism Coldstream
« on: Monday 11 July 22 17:46 BST (UK) »
I have an entry from the OPR for Coldstream:
Mary Ann TURNER, daughter of Frederick Turner, Parish of Coldstream and his wife, Barbara Murray, born 14 Aug, baptised 13 September.

Each entry on the page has a note in the margin, per image attached, referring to another page.I'd like to see this other page - always hate to think I 'may' be missing something that's relevant!

Can anyone tell me how I can identify which image to buy to see the page 136, that Mary Ann's record seems to be linked to, without paging through and purchasing all the images in the set?

Thanks
Boo

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Notes in margin, 1844 Baptism Coldstream
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 July 22 19:29 BST (UK) »
Usually when this happens it indicates that the events recorded are out of their chronological order. The marginal note refers to a record of the baptism of someone - in this case apparently someone surnamed Fairbairn - who should have been listed after Mary Ann Turner but wasn't recorded at the time.

So I think it's very unlikely that looking up Page 136 will contain any other information about Mary Ann than you already have.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Notes in margin, 1844 Baptism Coldstream
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 July 22 20:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks Forfarian, having thought about it over dinner I had come to that conclusion too.

Boo