Author Topic: royal asylum montrose  (Read 392 times)

Offline rocking rose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
royal asylum montrose
« on: Saturday 23 July 22 18:33 BST (UK) »
i have a relative born in stonehaven who died at the royal asylum montrose age 48, in 1921.  her occupation was given as housekeeper.  can anyone point me in the right direction to confirm whether she might have been an inpatient or actually employed as a housekeeper.  death was registered by her brother who lived in stonehaven and she is buried with her parents in stonehaven.  many thanks

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: royal asylum montrose
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 July 22 18:40 BST (UK) »
Sounds more likely she was a patient.  What date in 1921?  If it was after the 1921 census you may be able to find her on it when the 1921 is released later this year
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 July 22 18:58 BST (UK) »
You should be able to access her records, as she died over 100 years ago.

The University of Dundee Archives - see https://www.dundee.ac.uk/archives/ - holds the archives of Sunnyside Royal Hospital.

The inpatient records are catalogue reference THB23/4.

The staff records are reference THB23/6.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline rocking rose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 July 22 19:07 BST (UK) »
hi there, clementina christie died 6th may 1921 of myocardial degeneration. 1911 census shows her at  her original family address in stonehaven but death cert show usual residence as the address of her brother who registered her death(also in stonehaven). this has been bugging me for a few years now, suppose i will just have to be patient and see if the 1921 census sheds any light on my g grans younger sister.

Offline rocking rose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 July 22 19:46 BST (UK) »
You should be able to access her records, as she died over 100 years ago.

The University of Dundee Archives - see https://www.dundee.ac.uk/archives/ - holds the archives of Sunnyside Royal Hospital.

The inpatient records are catalogue reference THB23/4.

The staff records are reference THB23/6.
thanks for the pointer, i have filled out the enquiry form to see if i am able to have this information.
appreciate your help! 

Offline rocking rose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 July 22 10:29 BST (UK) »
just a wee update,  i have had a response from dundee archives which has answered my query about my great aunt clementina christie.  they were extremely helpful and have given me the information i was looking for.  thanks again for your help on rootschat, such a great wee site!!

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 July 22 11:17 BST (UK) »
Excellent :)

Happy to be of assistance.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.