Author Topic: William Rowlands b1808: Marries Anne Hudson 1847 Q2 Narberth  (Read 231 times)

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Rowlands b1808: Marries Anne Hudson 1847 Q2 Narberth
« on: Wednesday 03 August 22 08:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Readers

The Walton East, Pembrokeshire, census pages for both the 1851 & 1861 show the occupants of the farm Danycoed / Danecoed as being the Rowlands family wherein can be seen William Rowlands b1808 and his wife Anne with a calculated DoB of 1820/21.

Further research using GRO.com and their children’s names indicates Anne's Maiden Name to be 'Hudson'.

Using the Ancestry archive it can be 'seen' that the Civil Registration(?) of the couple’s marriage is recorded for both of them as: Narberth, Vol XXVI, page 983, albeit that in the case of Anne the details need close looking at!

However, the recording by FreeBMD of Anne's details have suffered a transcription error, being: page 933.

I have consulted the Help Pages of FreeBMD in an attempt to report this transcription error and have found them to be rather complicated to the point where I have 'given up' the attempt.  If any reader feels sufficiently confident in my research and can better understand the process for reporting errors, please feel free to do so.

Regards, JohnG_Swansea.
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: William Rowlands b1808: Marries Anne Hudson 1847 Q2 Narberth
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 August 22 12:49 BST (UK) »
I have asked freebmd to change the reference for Anne to 983

For future reference you select the spectacles image alongside the record which takes you to this page.
https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/information.pl?scan=1&r=12014385:6706&d=bmd_1653949805
The expected page range for this district is 965 to 985
If you have a correction to this entry, please click here.

This entry has 2 images for this record, the first is illegible but the second one was clearer.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 August 22 14:54 BST (UK) »
Rosie

Many thanks for digging me out of a perceived hole.  The first part of your guidance mirrored the path I had earlier taken, having arrived at the same page that your link took me to. 

I even clicked:
If you have a correction to this entry, please click here.   ..  ..  ..  ..

It was when I reached: You must read the points below BEFORE submitting a correction and started reading through the solid then the hollow bullet points that I became more and more muddled, and eventually I simply didn't know which way to turn, other than to admit defeat and ask for help.  One thing for sure, if I ever find myself on that page again I'll have a better chance of a successful completion.

Thank you so much, JohnG_Swansea.

Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 August 22 16:33 BST (UK) »
There is certainly a lot to read  ;D.  I have been reporting errors on there for a long time so know what to do, the problem I always have is finding the box I have to tick in the middle of all that script as I certainly do not read it all when I send in an amendment and I am sure that the move the box to keep us on our toes.

Glad I was able to submit it for you.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk