Author Topic: John Bishe/Byshe Jonne Kinge  (Read 195 times)

Offline ezyryder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John Bishe/Byshe Jonne Kinge
« on: Wednesday 24 August 22 14:32 BST (UK) »
Hello all.
Could anyone do a lookup for me? I have found a marriage between John Bishe and Jonne King m St Nicolas Church, Worth, West Sussex on 16th Feb 1628. I have a lot of the Bishe family info but cannot seem to find a dob, dod, parents, etc. Also have next to nothing on Jonne Kinge. Only info I could find which maybe totally wrong is she was born in Cuckfield and daughter of Edmond & Joan Kinge.
I would love to sort this one out as I have been at it for a couple of weeks now to no avail. I am limited to Ancestry and Family Search but nothing there. Maybe some one has some better resources than me. Thanks for looking.

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Bishe/Byshe Jonne Kinge
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 August 22 12:58 BST (UK) »
Joan King (standardised spelling since there is the possibility for a huge number of variants) is unlikely to be the daughter of Edmund King.  Edmund's daughter was baptised in February 1615/16 and is unlikely to have married aged only 12 or 13 even though it was legal at the time.  Experience tells me it happened very rarely.

Another possible candidate is
Joan, daughter of John King, tailor, bapt Cuckfield 13 Feb 1602/3
or
Jane daughter of Edward, bapt Cuckfield 31 Aug 1600.

Do you have children's names for John and Joan?  I have not found any baptisms in Worth that would fit with the marriage date, but the names might indicate other family members.  If you have some dates for any children, that would at least narrow the search for a date of death.

John and Joan may well have died during the Commonwealth period and finding records in that period can be a bit hit and miss.  I did wonder about looking for John in the 1642 Protestation return for Worth, but that doesn't seem to have survived.

Nell

All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ezyryder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Bishe/Byshe Jonne Kinge
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 August 22 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Nell
Thank you for doing the lookup.
I have absolutely no information about John Bishe and Joan Kinge apart from the marriage at Worth.I have a fairly good tree of the Bishe/Byssh family but have no clue where this John Bishe fits in as I cant find a birth or death date likewise for Joan Kinge so looks as if its a brick wall at the moment.

Dave