Author Topic: Alexander McPherson & Sarah Cameron, Kilbride near Oban  (Read 292 times)

Offline samalexander

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander McPherson & Sarah Cameron, Kilbride near Oban
« on: Friday 09 September 22 08:38 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm researching the family of Alexander McPherson & Sarah Cameron who resided in Kilbride near Oban.

It appears Alexander McPherson married Sarah Cameron 20/01/1788 in Glasgow and both were residing there, the document gives his occupation as a "Taylor".

The couple then seem to relocate to Kilbride near Oban, perhaps they were originally from there? They have at least four children:

Mary McPherson - born 1789
Ann McPherson - born 1792
Alexander McPherson - born 1796
John McPherson - born about 1800 (haven't been able to find a baptismal record)

The baptismal records for Ann and Alexander seem to have the characters "FS" or "FL" after the place name of Kilbride, does anyone know what this may have meant? I will post copies of the original records as replies to this post.

Their son John McPherson, who I am descended through moved to the village of Banton, near Kilsyth, Stirlingshire where he married Jane "Jean" McLeish in 1826 and farmed at the farm of Banton Mains with his family until his death there in 1872.

Offline samalexander

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander McPherson & Sarah Cameron, Kilbride near Oban
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 September 22 08:41 BST (UK) »
1792 Old Parish Record of Baptism for Ann McPherson, daughter of Alexander McPherson and Sarah Cameron

Offline samalexander

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander McPherson & Sarah Cameron, Kilbride near Oban
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 September 22 08:48 BST (UK) »
1796 Old Parish Record of Baptism for Alexander McPherson, son of Alexander McPherson and Sarah Cameron