Author Topic: Exhibition - Hull - The Falklands War  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Exhibition - Hull - The Falklands War
« on: Thursday 15 September 22 15:23 BST (UK) »
An exhibition has been organised in recognition of the Servicemen and Women of Hull who were involved in the conflict. This includes some rare material that we are privileged to have access to.

We are interested in copies of any stories, photos or memorabilia that people would be willing to share for us to use on the day or to keep in our files for visitors to have access to.
We can be contacted by telephone, or email or just by dropping into the centre to chat about the forthcoming event, you will be made very welcome:

https://www.carnegiehull.co.uk/

Any help would be very much appreciated  :)

Thanks for looking.

Carol - Carnegie Volunteer.
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Exhibition - Hull - The Falklands War
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 September 22 15:38 BST (UK) »
Bringing this back up for people who may be interested.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 September 22 16:11 BST (UK) »
...and again  ;)
Carol

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 September 22 16:58 BST (UK) »
A bit late but I've sent you a PM depicting our involvement with the MoD and the Falklands War.

I don't know what you'll do with the information but I thought if you had a bit of space on a wall you might want to run off a copy of one of the webpages.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 28 September 22 18:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your response, Rena I will read your message and respond.
Carol