Author Topic: John Boyce Cotgrave 1862  (Read 1927 times)

Offline AussieDale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Boyce Cotgrave 1862
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 April 06 01:44 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am descended from the Boyce family of Colston Bassett.  Charles Boyce I believe came from a place called "Irnham" in Lincolnshire.  He was born 2nd December 1776 and died 27th February 1858.  He is buried in Colston Bassett churchyard - I have a photo of the grave.

Charles Boyce had a son John Boyce who had a son Edward Boyce.  Edward Boyce I think is the father of your John Boyce.  I am desceded from John's brother George.

Hope this makes sense !!
Geoff
I am sorry my emails are not working.
CHAMBERLAIN, BOYCE, SPENCER, EVANS, FULLELOVE,PEAR,    NOTTS/LEICS/DERBY
MULLER,SCHMIDT,KNOLL,BRANDENBERG,MOHR,WAHRYOTTO,SCHULZ,SCHIEFELBEIN,AHNER,VANSTONE,CARR,PHARR,EASTERBROOK  QUEENSLAND,AUSTRALIA, GERMANY/PRUSSIA
STAPLETON, NSW , QLD,SA,AUST/UK
McAULIFFE, COUNTY CORK
ACHILLIS IRELAND

Offline AussieDale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 April 06 02:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Geoff,

So sorry about the long delay in replying.  I having a love/hate relationship with my computer at the moment.  Changed internet providers and things just aint the same.
So I'm back in the beginners class.   God I hope your are right. 
This little blighter has been very elusive to me, only because I don't know enough English geography, wasn't sure if there were 2 of them, one from Colston Basset and one from Cotgrave!!!!!.  I have his Death Certificate and it has Cotgrave on it.  Mind you he left UK in 1890 and died in 1942, so thought NOK my grandmother might not have it right.

Have you seen the 1871 Census with the mis spelt name of Bogel instead of Boyce?.(See post  1683 from HeatherB).

Is Edward married to Alice Pear?  Nottinghamshire 28/11/1859  See post 1683 Heather B.  They also got shipwrecked  in the Red Sea on the way over.  Have partial ship list with their names on it, and there is a great write up about the shipwreck, but I'll have to go and find it and send the site next time.  Daren't stop and find it now.  I guess you could do a google for the "Taroba" shipwreck Red Sea, 1890 if you can't wait.  Have five generations waiting for you at this end.

John Boyce Married Mary Spencer, Sept Qtr 1889 Dist. Basford. Vol 7b Pg 266, and they had 10 children.  One of their daughters had 13 children and my grandparents had 7, so there is plenty of us out here.

"Cousin Eric"  from the net, who just lives down the road, has several hundred names too, but I still trying to add the names I have in to the Family Tree Maker.  I'm still in beginner mode.  526 names and counting.  You would soooo make my day if you think we are on the right track.

I'll away now and see if there are any others I need to apologise to.  Bye for now Dale
Hi
I am descended from the Boyce family of Colston Bassett.  Charles Boyce I believe came from a place called "Irnham" in Lincolnshire.  He was born 2nd December 1776 and died 27th February 1858.  He is buried in Colston Bassett churchyard - I have a photo of the grave.

Charles Boyce had a son John Boyce who had a son Edward Boyce.  Edward Boyce I think is the father of your John Boyce.  I am desceded from John's brother George.

Hope this makes sense !!
Geoff
MULLER,SCHMIDT,KNOLL,BRANDENBERG,MOHR,WAHRYOTTO,SCHULZ,SCHIEFELBEIN,AHNER,VANSTONE,CARR,PHARR,EASTERBROOK  QUEENSLAND,AUSTRALIA, GERMANY/PRUSSIA
McAULIFFE, COUNTY CORK
ACHILLIS IRELAND

Offline AussieDale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 April 06 03:47 BST (UK) »
[quote author=Jane Swan

Dear Jane,

My deepest apologies for not replying to your good wishes sooner.  Have just written off to Geoff too.  I've put myself back into the preschool of genealogy.  Have to repeat a year.  LOL.
Can't wait for Geoff's reply.  Hope it does not take his as long to reply  as I did.  You would not believe the drama I've been having, and I won't embarass myself even more by telling, unless of course you want to have a giggle in a PM, If I can remember how to send them.  Seem to be having one of those kinda weeks? or should I say months or years!!!!

I am getting so much pleasure out of this and talking to all our lovely and helpful Rootschatters, especially when I get some positive info.  Jump up and do my little English/Irish/German/Aussie jig.

Hope you are  having lots of success with your searches, and thank you once again.

I'll away for now and see how many other people out there need  my apologies.  Cheers for now Dale

link=topic=86610.msg595782#msg595782 date=1140861872]
Hi Geoff and Aussiedale

How fantastic for you both to find a link so early in your Rootschat careers. I hope you enjoy swapping information.

Jane
[/quote]
McAULIFFE, COUNTY CORK
ACHILLIS IRELAND

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 April 06 06:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Aussiedale

I'm glad you are enjoying your research so much and that you have got so far as well. If you need more help with anything Nottingham just let me know.

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AussieDale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 April 06 08:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,

Thankyou Jane, you're an Angel.  Almost too embarraced to ask, with my lack of knowledge of who they are or even what town they come from.  Most queries seem to be in Notts with a few strays in Leics.  Found some maps that helped put things into perspective.  Didn't know my Districts from Towns, but I'm getting the hang of that.  Started out with Barton which I now know as Barton in Fabis, Burton, which I thought might have been a Type O for Barton,  A Basford, Baysford and Baseford on Birth and Death Certs., (all the same place/District?), and  I think Burton is now on Soar.

I think I need to scrap all my posts and start again.  With some of them I have a little more info, not much, but every little bit helps doesn't it.

For some reason  I fixated on my English rellies, I guess I was closest to them when I was growing up, and they were all good story tellers.  mind you the ones that originally migrated were all dead and buried before I was born.  I have a photo of my Gt Grand mother Boyce taken in 1936, and she was born in 1867in Barton in Fabis. So that a little  treasure  to me, and they are buried in the town where I grew up.

The same with my Cotgrave and Colston Bassett.  One piece of info says Cotgrave and another Says Colston Basset, or are there two of them same age different town.  Decisions Decisions.  On pins and needles waiting for a reply which hopefully sort that out, and I'll have a whole lots more name to look into.

Meanwhile I'm having a great deal of success at this end.  Rellies coming out of the woodwork.  Its so  exciting isn't it, and all appear to have been researching for years, compared to my few months.  I recon I could just about go to every suburb and town in Australia and say hello, I'm your long lost rellie, can I hava a bed for the night.  Just joking. Cousin Ivy (from the net), mutual gt gt gt Grandmother  and I thought we might ask for a grant and a film crew  and go meet our rellies.  Then her hubby decided he needed to take his boat to go fishin , and by the time we loaded all our files, we would need a semi trailor, so that idea went down the drain.  You can have a lot of fun dreaming can't you.

Anyway my dear I'm starting to waffle so I'll close for now.  Catch up with you again soon.  I've had a lovely day today chatting to everyone..  Cheers Dale
McAULIFFE, COUNTY CORK
ACHILLIS IRELAND