Author Topic: Looking for the Christian name of John Padden and Catherine Clark's fathers?  (Read 381 times)

Offline derrygolagh

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for the Christian name of John Padden and Catherine Clark's fathers?
« on: Wednesday 28 September 22 19:46 BST (UK) »

Hello everyone

I am hoping to be able to trace who I think are my 4 times great grandparents John Padden and Catherine Clarke.  Both appear to have been born in 1788 in Roscommon, probably registered in Boyle.

They were married in 1821 in Boyle and had one daughter Elizabeth (aka Bridget) Padden born circa 1818-1910.

Previously I was on the Sligo Board but going further back in time it appears some of my Ancestors were from County Roscommon.

I hope I am correct in changing Message Boards.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Derrygolagh

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for the Christian name of John Padden and Catherine Clark's fathers?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 September 22 22:02 BST (UK) »
Would have been best to ask a moderator to move previous thread from Sligo board to Roscommon rather than starting a new thread.
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=802331.msg6602215
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline derrygolagh

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for the Christian name of John Padden and Catherine Clark's fathers?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 September 22 18:55 BST (UK) »

Hello Aghadowey

I am very sorry if I have taken the wrong course of action on this request, I just thought the correct course to take was to post on the County Roscommon Board as my research had taken me so far backwards in time that I was in the next County but not really so many miles away.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Liz