Author Topic: John Wilson Donald  (Read 627 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Wilson Donald
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 October 22 15:46 BST (UK) »
rosie99. again so grateful for what you have done. on Google maps it looks so like the background in my photo. I will get a image somehow thanks again

It would be nice if you were also to acknowledge all the information found on this other thread for you-
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=866437.msg7368828#msg7368828
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline blennerhassett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 October 22 11:38 GMT (UK) »
It is always kind of people to respond, and I am always indebted. However no reply has as yet answered the question I posed.

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 30 October 22 18:30 GMT (UK) »
That actually is not how we work around here. 
Often we have to work around the topic making sure we have the correct person, set them in the correct time frame etc. 
There was much information provided. This takes people time, and some times money and it is great to thank people on the board as you go.

A tip.

If you thank, summarise the info you have received, make it clear what you have and your thoughts as to childhood etc it may stimulate more investigation as posters know you are active, engaged and grateful for the work that has been done.  I think also your initial request was a bit vague, what sort of things were you after? For instance if you know a sibling went to XYZ school it is worth posing the question about whether your person went there as well. 
?
?

Try it.
ETA I see you have not been back onto the other thread basically since posting it.