Author Topic: Seeking pre1800 connections Dynan/Dinan with McNamara, Lynch, O’Neill, O’Dea et  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Moragdon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello,
I have a Brickwall Ancestor John Dynan (or Dinan) born 1803-1812 in Ireland who has been frustrating me for decades…we now believe that he and/or his ancestors were from County Clare.

Surnames that pop up with links to the Dynan’s DNA are many McNamara’s, some Lynch’s, some O’Neills and also O’Dea and others eg Corbett, Curry etc etc. 
The areas I’m looking at are around the River Fergus and Ennis areas eg. Lissycasey, Ballnacally, Newmarket on Fergus, Ennis…and others yet to be found etc.

Does anyone have Dynan/Dinan ancestors and one or more of these above surnames together in their Co Clare tree? Could be any time period pre 1800!
I’ve considered the possibility the Dynan line may have come through an illegitimate birth with the child taking the mothers surname of Dynan or maybe an informal Adoption or in family foster situation …I’m happy to consider anything as this tree is so elusive. Thank you.
Dynan, McNamara, with potentially O’Dea, Casey, Mahoney, O’Neill and other historic Irish, likely Co Clare surname connections.

Offline Moragdon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking pre1800 connections Dynan/Dinan with McNamara, Lynch, O’Neill, O’Dea et
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 October 22 20:30 BST (UK) »
I’ve been reading lots of info online and in addition to the ones mentioned earlier I’ve also found Dynan families living nearby the surnames above also in Lahinch and the surrounding area. Just thought I’d add that incase it helps anyone.

Just being hopeful! Best wishes.
Dynan, McNamara, with potentially O’Dea, Casey, Mahoney, O’Neill and other historic Irish, likely Co Clare surname connections.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking pre1800 connections Dynan/Dinan with McNamara, Lynch, O’Neill, O’Dea et
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 October 22 15:36 BST (UK) »
Have you added them to "Surname Interests" (under "Your Tools")?
Cowban

Offline Moragdon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hi Maiden Stone,  Thank you for responding, I haven’t but I will do now, thank you.