Author Topic: BT Digital Voice  (Read 268 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
BT Digital Voice
« on: Friday 04 November 22 13:18 GMT (UK) »
I just want to check that I'm correct, please  :D

I've just had a letter from BT about our imminent connection to full fibre.

They write about our burglar alarm and ask us to check with the supplier about modifying it because of the switch to DV.  Our alarm has no telephone connection. It's just one of those that sounds an alarm if one of the sensors spots an intrusion.

I am assuming that there is no need to modify the alarm as it's not connected by phone.

Thanks

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Chris Doran

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BT Digital Voice
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 November 22 14:59 GMT (UK) »
You  are correct. There is nothing you have to do, or possibly could do, to a telephone connection it doesn't have.

The paragraph should have started "If you have  any equipment with a telephone connection ..." otherwise I envision people paying expensive and unnecessary callout charges to engineers.
Researching Penge, Anerley, (incuding the Crystal Palace) and neighbouring parts of Beckenham, currently in London (Bromley), formerly Surrey and/or Kent.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BT Digital Voice
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 November 22 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Chris. 

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***