Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 13th November  (Read 5132 times)

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 13th November
« on: Monday 07 November 22 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Good morning  folks
Hope everyone  is well today despite the lousy weather

No  doubt  you have heard me mention my birthday during the week!!, well the icing on  the cake was that my daughter took my husband and myself  to Teignmouth to visit my twin brother, we stayed in Exeter on Friday night and  my daughter and her family went off to do their own thing whilst we travelled to Teignmouth   to visit my brother by bus, he had no idea we were going , his face when we arrived was an absolute picture, he never asked how we got there, we had a good story to cover up our daughter was in the area as well, later on we met up at a local Greek restaurant  with my family, he had no idea that we were all going to be there, his face once again a picture , was a lovely   evening

I have had an absolutely fabulous week and been thoroughy spoilt by friends and relations, back  to earth with a bump and back to normality, as my brother lives some 250 miles away I have no idea when I will see him again, both octogenarians now !!

I won't mention my birthday again,  till  next year  !!!

Louisa Maud

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 13th November
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 November 22 15:38 GMT (UK) »
LM what a wonderful end to your birthday week, for you and your brother.

Pinetree

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline angelfish58

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandma & Grandad married 23 Aug 1918
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 November 22 17:31 GMT (UK) »
So pleased that your birthday celebrations were a big success.
Watson, Snowball, Pyburn, Heppell, Ferry, Holmes, Clennett, Kidd, Pescod, Bage Co.Duham & Northumberland
Stockton, Watson, Bage, Nellist N. Yorks
Challnor/Challoner Cheshire/Shropshire. Moore, Mansell: Wellington, Shropshire
Davies/ David, Coity, Glamorgan
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 November 22 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Glad you had a good weekend LM.

I have spent most of the day in bed, feel like I should apologise.  Night shift last night.  My first after being signed off night shift by occ health for a while.  Was supposed to have a few twilights to ease me back in but got pushed into it.  Went in to find out I was nurse in charge, there were 8 ambulances queuing to get into A&E which was full, the air ambuance was on it's way, we didn't have full staffing but had 2 cohort rooms, and the CN had left a large to do list with a warning to have it done or else.  Did take a break but not until 5am.  Didn't take the full break entitlement so makes up for it a bit. Slept from the back of 10 to about 12:40 when I was woken by the gardener coming to cut the grass.  Rearranged the washing i'd hung up when I got in, just to get it dry quicker.  Broken sleep again from 2 pm about 430pm.  Back in tonight.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 November 22 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Happy to hear about your birthday celebrations, LM, your family thinks highly of you, and rightly so!

Still in bed with intestinal bug, think it might be improving (touch wood), I did have some toast and tea for lunch.  Have some applesauce at hand.  The BRAT diet!  Can’t stand bananas though.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 November 22 19:26 GMT (UK) »
LM, I'm so pleased to hear that you had such a fabulous birthday week. What a kind and thoughtful daughter you have!

Hope you feel better soon, Diana.

Sorry to hear you are working under such pressure Pharma and have not managed to get a good sleep.  Hope things go well tonight.

One of the elders at our Church gave the sermon a couple of weeks ago, I think it was, and during this he gave a personal story of having to take his elderly Mother to A & E recently (it turned out she had a broken arm).  He said the waiting room was full and waiting time was meant to be about 6 hours but they ended up waiting for 11 hours!!  He said his Mother was crying with pain and was offered some paracetamol by another patient. 
I don't often sleep too good either but I did have a reasonably good sleep the other week after eating pumpkin seeds.  We had some pumpkins at work for decoration and  I cut these up and gave this to the cook to make soup.  The soup was very nice.  I found out by googling that you can also eat the seeds so I gave these to Cook as well.
Cook said, I don't think anyone will want these but you - they'll say it's bird seed.  I said, you never know some people might be adventurous.  Cook said, I doubt it.  It turned out Cook was right and no one wanted this but me so it was put in a bag for me to take home. 
Bus at the station was very late that evening and I got bored so I opened the bag and began chomping on the seeds.  A bit chewy, but alright and apparently these are full of health benefit nutrition.  I'm trying to eat more healthier now as I recently found out my cholesterol is up a bit.  I'm afraid I did get a bit slack with things during covid but I am going to try to make a better effort now.
Anyway, according to the internet the seeds are also a natural sleep aid and I did get a quite a good sleep that night.  So maybe it is true .. or perhaps I am just very suggestible. ;)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 07 November 22 23:12 GMT (UK) »
RTL, did you eat your pumpkin seeds fresh - straight from the pumpkin? As far as I am aware they need to be dried first. You can do this yourself by just leaving them to dry naturally. Generally I buy pepitas already dried and hulled. They are nice to eat and have many uses but are popular in salads   and muesli.

Your shift sounds gruelling Pharma - that sort of situation seems part and parcel of being a medical professional these days, sadly.

Your tummy upset seems to be hanging around Diana. Daughter’s dog had a tummy upset over a few days. Made for interesting walks around the neighbourhood, but I won’t elaborate.  ;D

Your birthday ‘events’ sound wonderful LM, especially the visit to see your brother. Glad you enjoyed your week.  :)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 07 November 22 23:28 GMT (UK) »
No, I didn't eat them straight from pumpkin, Ruskie.  These were washed, put in fridge and Cook cooked in pan next day after soup was made. 
Don't know if it would have been better to bake in oven as they were a bit on chewy side.
No one was willing to try them but me so I ended up taking these home in a bag; ate most of them at bus station. 

Perhaps there should be a huge nationwide drive to recruit more NHS staff.  I get the impression things are very stretched from what Pharma writes, and what the Elder said in his sermon about an 11 hour wait in A & E.  I was so shocked by that, that now this is all I can remember of the sermon! :-\

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 07 November 22 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Oh I see LM. I would say, yes, definitely the oven would give you a better result.  (or you could buy them ready to eat). They’re quite tasty.  :)