Author Topic: Bc death registration lookups  (Read 49105 times)

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Bc death registration lookups
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 16 November 22 07:21 GMT (UK) »
I was just thinking that he changed his name!

Pat's death says she was born in Canada, so I assume they met and married in Canada.
Lilian's death says she was born 1898 in England, and there is no birth record index for her, and if the newspaper item posted earlier is right that Barney came over in 1901-ish, who is her mother?

A mystery!  It must be solved!

Edit: I wondered why Lilian's husband didn't know her mom's first or last name, when Pat was still living, and in the same city.  Barney must have been married before?

Offline wikitoria

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 16 November 22 07:36 GMT (UK) »
It is a very complicated family and too much info to post but the jist is Lillian was born in London to Barney’s first wife, Barney arrives in Canada in 1910, the passenger lists says 9 years, it’s hard to read but either way, 9 years previously he has been in Canada. Lillian joins him in 1914 at the age 16. Barney and his second wife visit England in 1913.

He could be a Bernard but I haven’t found a birth or marriage that fits that name either.

I go back to him every so often hopefully next time I pick it up something new will pop up on the genealogical websites :)

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 16 November 22 07:49 GMT (UK) »
Well, I do love a mystery!  I shall poke around, and if anything of interest comes up, I will post!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 16 November 22 10:17 GMT (UK) »

bbart -Generous look up and a very, very speedy response as well.   :) :)
Great stuff.

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 16 November 22 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Wow bb, such kindness. And oh so speedy.....from your 1st post ....3 hrs. 31 mins later and you
were back posting.  8) :) Well done you. Wikitoria dropped in very lucky.

Cheers,
DB

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 17 November 22 07:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Sandra and DB!

It might seem like it was a speedy response, but I didn't post until I had my shoes and coat on, ready to go!

The library was down to two ancient microfilm viewers (from 8); hopefully this resource won't totally vanish, as there are so, so many indexes with no link to an image at the Archives.