Author Topic: wife of Joseph Watterson, Tullyodonnel, Co. Tyrone  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
wife of Joseph Watterson, Tullyodonnel, Co. Tyrone
« on: Sunday 04 December 22 20:16 GMT (UK) »
As per the marriage record of Matilda Watterson to David Barnes, Sept 24, 1856 at Sandholes Presbyterian, her residence was Tullodonnel and her father was Joseph, a farmer.
As per the marriage record of Isabella Watterson to Thomas McQueen/McQuin, June 1, 1854, Parish Church of Desertcreat, her residence was Tullyodonnel and her father was Joseph, a farmer.
I have been unable to find the mother's name for these girls. Many online trees suggest Ann Moffit but Joseph and Ann had all their children at Lisnamorrow.
Matilda Barnes died Feb 13, 1884 at Corkhill. Her husband David also died at Corkhill, Mar 29, 1892 with Mary Ann Crooks present, of Derrinleagh.
Isabella McQueen died July 23, 1905 at Doons with son Joseph present, although Isabella's age is out by 7 years so one could wonder. Her husband Thomas had died May 16, 1893 at Tulnacross with son Andrew present.
I haven't been able to find the name of this Joseph's wife. Looking for any help. I didn't find a will for Joseph in any possible year. Presuming he would have been born abt 1800-1810.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: wife of Joseph Watterson, Tullyodonnel, Co. Tyrone
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 December 22 00:56 GMT (UK) »
This Joseph Watterson farmer died in 1872 at age 67 so born 1812. Survived by a wife named Anne...

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1872/020740/7276170.pdf

Even though it says labourer instead of farmer , I believe this Anne goes with the above Joseph. Both died at Gortalowry.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1879/06532/4882286.pdf

Also... did you see the marriage of Elizabeth Waterson and Robert Henry 1846?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1846/09306/5369535.pdf

Oops... I see this is old news:
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=854539.0

Stewart. Scott. Bruce. McPherson. McMurray. McKibbin . McKay. McCann. Mckrinkine. McClewnan. McCallum. Joss. Ross. Morrison. Chapman. Middlemiss. Robinson. Conlon. Duffy. Dalgarno. Crookshank. Gammack. Ramsay. Mutch. Crawford. Orr. Galbraith. Kerr. Fergusson. Campbell.

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: wife of Joseph Watterson, Tullyodonnel, Co. Tyrone
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 December 22 23:01 GMT (UK) »
I am very appreciative of having these dates of death for Joseph and Annie. I do think they are a couple but I do have a problem. These dates of death are used on different trees for three different Joseph Wattersons.  There is Joseph Watterson of Lisnamorrow married to Ann Moffit (which I am thinking is least likely due to place of death in Gortalowry), Joseph Watterson married to Annie Watterson (may not be her maiden name) who died in Gortalowry as did his wife Annie, who had a son John married to Elizabeth Ann Jeffers and thirdly, Joseph Watterson, wife unknown, who was father of Matilda Watterson of Tullyodonnel who married David Barnes and also father of Isabella Watterson of Desertcreat who married Thomas McQueen. I am wondering if the Joseph who died in Gortalowry with son John and the Joseph who was the father of Matilda and Isabella could be the same Joseph.
I am fairly confident that the Joseph who had son John did die in Gortalowry as John moved to Gortalowry abt 1873, right after Joseph's death in 1872 (did he inherit the property?). Could John be a sibling to Matilda and Isabella? John had siblings Mary Ann born abt 1838 resident in  Derrychrin in 1862 when she married John Jeffers (sibling to John's wife Elizabeth Ann Jeffers), John himself born abt 1841 was resident in Derrychrin in 1865 when he married Elizabeth Ann Jeffers), and Margaret born bef 1842 whose residence was Derrychrin when she married in 1863 to John McCullagh. I have an unverified sister Isabella to John born abt 1836 which is the same year as the Isabella who married Thomas McQueen/McQuin although she was resident in Desertcreat at time of marriage in 1854. Her sister Matilda born abt 1832 was resident in Tullyodonnel in 1856 when she married David Barnes.
Of all these named children, the firstborn was Matilda in 1832, resident in Tullyodonnel in 1856, followed by Isabella in 1836 resident in Desertcreat in 1854, Mary Ann abt 1838 resident in Derrychrin in 1862, John abt 1841 resident in Derrychrin in 1865, Margaret bef 1842 resident in Derrychrin in 1863. John moved to Gortalowry 1872-1873.

Margaret's marriage https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1863/09647/5498780.pdf
Thanks for any insight into these families or places of residence.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland