Author Topic: Riversdale St. Matthews Parish - HANSELL, BLANCHE EMILY  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Paulae60

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Riversdale St. Matthews Parish - HANSELL, BLANCHE EMILY
« on: Thursday 08 December 22 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,

I have been researching the Hansell family in Riversdale but can't find anything on the youngest member of the family, Blanche Emily Hansell, who is buried in St. Matthew's churchyard, together with her older brother Charles Vernon Peter.

The children died in infancy.
Charles was born on 19 September 1890 and called home on 2 March 1892, his little sister was born on 24 August 1893 and passed away on 29 January 1894.

I have found Charles' burial record but nothing on his sister, neither birth, nor baptism nor burial record and surely something must exist if they have a grave?

I'd be grateful for any help.

Thank you

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Riversdale St. Matthews Parish - HANSELL, BLANCHE EMILY
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 December 22 23:07 GMT (UK) »

regarding Riversdale baptisms.

It seems that some years might be missing: I can see 2 websites that have Riverdale's St Matthew baptisms until 1882 (with some gaps), but then they don’t re-start again until 1901.
Some of those older records don't look very healthy, so maybe something happened to them ...

Offline Paulae60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Riversdale St. Matthews Parish - HANSELL, BLANCHE EMILY
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 December 22 09:17 GMT (UK) »
Thank you treespirit, I thought the same but felt it could be worth checking with someone on the ground.

I suppose the only way to find out is to contact the church directly and see what they can tell me.

Many thanks