Author Topic: Scott Mckee born 1792/1794 Annahilt 27th Regiment of Foot  (Read 758 times)

Offline Arnside98

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Scott Mckee born 1792/1794 Annahilt 27th Regiment of Foot
« on: Saturday 07 January 23 09:13 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on Scott McKee’s family. I know he was discharged from the army in March 1815, after an injury in battle which saw him lose his leg. I think this might have been at the battle of Plattsburgh but I’m not sure.
I also know he married Phoebe Green in London, UK. I can’t find any details on Scott’s birth or who is parents/siblings were. I have lots of information when he was living in London but I’m after info on his childhood and also army life. He was born in 1792 or 1794 in Annahilt, co. Down.  Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks so much.

Offline HanFran

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Mckee born 1792/1794 Annahilt 27th Regiment of Foot
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 April 24 02:11 BST (UK) »
Hi, here's what I know. I have been researching my 3rd great grandmother Sarah Anne McKee; BIRTH 1797 • County Antrim, Northern Ireland; DEATH 1872 • Lurganteneil Townland, Co. Antrim. However, I believe her father is one William McKee from Cumber Townland, County Down which is a stone's throw from Annahilt. Also, his wife was Anne McCann which is the surname of another ancestor - so that points to another possible connection to my Sarah. The McCanns were from Armagh. Further William served in the British Army also, in the 7th Dragoon Guards (Calvary 1793) a highly mobile unit. Sons often follow fathers into the military when their time comes. Scott could be Sarah's brother. Griffith Valuation shows McKee's in Northern Ireland and in Down and of them William seemed the likeliest candidate for being Sarah's father based on a note re her wedding as to who her parents were. I think he got to Antrim the same way Scott got to England - that's where they got discharged or separated from the service. All conjecture at this point but thought I'd share what I've found. Sarah married an Antrim fellow and several descendants still live in the area (Portmore Townland, Ballinderry, Antrim). My line wound up in Upstate New York. Maybe this info will be a clue for you.