Author Topic: registration district  (Read 2428 times)

Offline beachfrock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
registration district
« on: Tuesday 10 January 23 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I wonder if anyone can tell me where the registration district is on the attached certificate, i've had a look online can't see anything suitable, also why would the certificate be unavailable to purchase.

Thank you
Patricia

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: registration district
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 January 23 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 January 23 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Death is under her married name but there are 3 possibilities - which one is she? 2002 Aberdeen.  2012 Glasgow  or 2013. Buckie as each of those deaths shows a mothers maiden name.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 January 23 20:32 GMT (UK) »
from what  I can see this appears to be a birth registration.
Even if the entry is not available to see instantly, there 'should' be a link to purchase the cert, but its not there.There's obviously some sort of hiccup in the system

I'd suggest contacting Scotlands People, explain the problem and I am sure they will do what they can to help.

Boo

Offline beachfrock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 January 23 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Boo & Carole

Carole

The lady's adoptive maiden name is Coughlan birth name is Webster, married surname is Bain, i've found the death record for Glasgow 2012 giving mothers maiden name as Gallagher which if memory serves me is her adoptive mothers maiden name.I'll need to double check this.

Boo

i'll drop scotlands people an email regarding this see what they say.

Many thanks for your help

Regards
Patricia

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 January 23 20:53 GMT (UK) »
aah, if this is an adoption then the cert is probably not generally available (though may be for the parties involved) Scotland's People will give you a definite answer but at a  guess the AR may well be Adoption Register. These are (rightly) usually closed to the general public

Boo

Offline beachfrock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 10 January 23 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Boo

That probably answers my question, i'll drop them an email anyway see what they say.

thank you again

Patricia

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 10 January 23 21:39 GMT (UK) »
NRH in that context means that the child was adopted, and AR does indeed mean Adoption Register. 

The adoption certificate can be viewed in a Scotland's People Centre, but it will tell you only the child's date and country of birth and the names of the adoptive parents.

You will not be allowed to see the child's original birth certificate. Only the adopted person or someone acting on behalf and with the express written authority of the adopted person is allowed to see the original birth certificate.

Unless, that is, you already happen to know the child's birth name, in which case you can see the birth certificate in the normal way. As it's 1933 you would have to order it to be sent to you.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline beachfrock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 11 January 23 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Forfarian

Thank you for your reply, I'm planning a trip to the Mitchell library next month I'll have a look at the certificates whilst i'm there for some other stuff i cant see online, be cheaper than ordering the certs :)
 I'll mark this post completed.

Regards
Patricia