Author Topic: French ? can someone tell Me what this says please.  (Read 5330 times)

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
Re: French ? can someone tell Me what this says please.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 13 January 23 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much  davidqueneherve,

I really appriciate your time.

I just need to translate in to English now, x

I am trying some on google  :)

Eilleen,
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.
LAING from Elgin ,Scotland.
 HADDELSEY from Caistor,and Grimsby Lincolnshire.                   
 Parfitt, Le Gros ,Le Sueur, from Jersey.
Martin, from Doncaster  to whelyn garden city, London.
BINT, Worchester, in Australian mint.

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 January 23 21:00 GMT (UK) »

There were allready 2 children, acknowledged by the future bride (their mother):
1. Charles-Eugène Ancinell, born 21 march 1890 in Basse-Pointe (Martinique)
2. Alexandre-Pierre Ancinell, born 26 january 1892 in Lamentin (Martinique)

With this wedding, both children were legally accepted by the groom.

Birth of Charles:
http://anom.archivesnationales.culture.gouv.fr/caomec2/osd.php?territoire=MARTINIQUE&commune=Basse-pointe&annee=1890
Navigate to slide 25 (entry 98)

Birth of Alexandre:
http://anom.archivesnationales.culture.gouv.fr/caomec2/osd.php?territoire=MARTINIQUE&commune=LE%20LAMENTIN&annee=1892
Navigate to slide 11 (entry 40)

Both tell the same story: Marie-Eleuthere-Jeanne Ancinell is the mother, no mention whatsoever of the father.
In the margin there's a note written down in 1898, stating that following M-E-J's wedding with C-L-A Sonet in 1897, both children were legally acknowledged by bride and groom.

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 14 January 23 15:17 GMT (UK) »
I have more that I need putting in to English,
these papers are amazing they hold so much information x

Name   Jean Baptiste Guinet
Gender   (Male)
Spouse   Joséphine Bernizet
Child   Eugène Guinet
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.

Offline Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 January 23 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Eilleen,
I've translated the useful information.

Mariage between Eugene Guinet & Clotilde Cuvillier
Paris, 10th district
28 October 1893

groom: Eugène Guinet
born in Préty (Saône-et-Loire) on 12 April 1864, artillery Lieutenant, living in Remiremont (Vosges),
adult son of Jean Baptiste Guinet & Joséphine Bernizet, both retired and living in Préty.
Parents are consenting, as is the Commander of the Corps the groom is serving in.

bride: Clotilde Florence Marie Anna Cuvillier
born in Bollweiler* (Haut-Rhin) on 11 June 1871, without occupation, living in Paris, rue La Fayette 181,
adult daughter of Adolphe Cuvillier, deceased, & Anna Durrwell, without occupation, living in Remiremont, consenting.

*Bollwiller

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 January 23 20:56 GMT (UK) »
This is going back to the birth of  Marie-Eluthère-Jeanne ANCINELL in post #6, and then post #9, when you asked for an English translation after davidqueneherve transcribed it into readable French.
None of the obvious French speakers seem to have come back with a translation, so I thought I'd give it a go.
At least you will have the gist of it.
No doubt any mistakes will be picked up by those much more able than me!

The 27 June 1865 at 11 o’clock in the morning, the birth of Marie Eluthere Jeanne Ancinell, female, born the 5 June at 9 o’clock in the evening, at the home of her parents on the Rue St Francois in this town, of Mr Marius Amédée Ancinell, aged 38 years, and Laure Elizabeth Zoe Luminais. aged 37, his spouse, proprietors. On the declaration of madam Coco née Antoine, aged 62, midwife, living at Fort-de-France, undersigned. In the presence of Mr Adrien Laurent Petit, aged 52. proprietor, and Emile Gentilly, aged 41, distributor at the navy stores, living at Fort-de-France, undersigned. In front of me Eugene Joseph Ruelle mayor of the commune of Fort-de-France, island of Martinique, undersigned, to whom the child was presented. Record made.

I've just used Mr for 'sieur', as the translation 'sir' in English gives an implication of a much higher rank. I don't think he was a 'knight', although he obviously held important posts in Martinique..
Interestingly, the article about the Four families of St Pierre in the link in post #8 http://www.ghcaraibe.org/articles/2019-art22.pdf, which has information about her father and mother, doesn't mention this child at all!
Five of their children are mentioned, with quite a large gap between the fourth and fifth - just where this birth would fit, although the writer does say "De cette union vinrent cinq enfants au moins ' - From this marriage there were at least five children.
I wonder if she was considered a bit of a black sheep, and got left out of this written history?  :)
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 15 January 23 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Zefiro  and goldies61,

Thank you once again, I find so much fascination information in these papers that you have made

possible for Me to understand, I really am truly grateful.

and learning about the history and places they lived in has opened up so much research for Me .

I now regret getting removed from My French studies and put in to drama class  ;D

Eilleen.

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 15 January 23 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Because I have now started scanning militaire service records and papers.

am I best adding them to this on going request in the hope that people see them,

or should I start new topics asking for people to help Me see what the French writing says in English ?

I do not want to do the wrong thing x

should I be on the world war board ??

Eilleen.

Offline Zefiro

• RootsChat Veteran
  • breeze from the west
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 15 January 23 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Eilleen,
for assistance in reading documents, please stay on this board. The War board can be used if you need some extra information that we can't provide.
I think it's best to start new topics. That way you can state in the titel that it's about military records as well as that they are in French. That's the best way to get the help you need.