Author Topic: Rootschatters views please  (Read 552 times)

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rootschatters views please
« on: Friday 27 January 23 08:58 GMT (UK) »
Like a lot of RC's I recently spent some time looking to help someone with a post. Whilst I could not directly answer their query I went on to explore one of the children born to the couple.This child appears in 2 census after their birth and then goes awol. I spent some time looking for this person and found a complete history of tangled relationships, with births of further children and name changes. Lots of trees are on Anc* detailing this child but none know anything about her after the last census.

Should I add to the post in question so other's may be informed or leave well alone.

John

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rootschatters views please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 January 23 09:11 GMT (UK) »
I would PM the person whose thread it was first, to get their opinion.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 January 23 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Personally, I think adding to the post would likely help a lot of people.
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 January 23 16:14 GMT (UK) »
I would PM the person whose thread it was first, to get their opinion.

Me too.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 27 January 23 18:38 GMT (UK) »
PM the person.
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 27 January 23 20:54 GMT (UK) »
If it were me and the time frame was not 'recent' (any of the people named/ involved are long dead -at least 50 years)  then I'd add to the thread making it clear that its a possible scenario based on what can be seen in the records **.
The OP may even not be active in RC any more but from experience I have come across old posts in here which have given me enough clues to look again and sort out some unanswered questions.

In years to come someone may come across this info, hopefully check it all out and be extremely grateful.

** I am not in any way saying your research isn't accurate, but my general rule is that everything I see should be checked out and records found to back it up so that I can grasp where the info came from and see if it all adds up with what I do know.

Boo

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 27 January 23 21:02 GMT (UK) »
This is the post I am talking about. Have added to it tonight, original poster has not responded since last online on the 23rd. I will post what I have found tomorrow.

John

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=869599.new#new