Author Topic: Robert George Johnston 1684 Leitrim antrim  (Read 163 times)

Offline Kristen022684

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert George Johnston 1684 Leitrim antrim
« on: Wednesday 01 February 23 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Hey guy Im trying to pick up a link in the Johnston branch that was located in antrim in the mid to late 1600s. The last person I could find was a Robert Washington Johnston born in1684 in Lisburn antrim Ireland. He died in 1732 supposedly killed by indians in Greencastle Franklin Philadelphia. His wife was mary Formont born 1889 also Born in Lisburn. I am trying to find his father. If anyone can help me with information or suggestions I would be forever greatful. Sincerely k

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Robert George Johnston 1684 Leitrim antrim
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 February 23 07:10 GMT (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

There appears to be a discrepancy in the dates you have posted.

Also, you have posted on the Leitrim board but this post (for Lisburn) needs to be on the Antrim board.

I have asked a moderator to move this thread to the Antrim board.

Good luck.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kristen022684

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert George Johnston 1684 Leitrim antrim
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 February 23 07:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you I'm sorry for the mistake I am still learning somethings will the correct chat be able to explain the discrepancies to me? I've tried to verify dates and people the birth date did have another suggestion at 1680 but there was more claiming the 1684. I have also ran into a problem with tracking the stewart line with in my family that has got me stuck.Thank you again.