Author Topic: Doodling  (Read 278 times)

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Doodling
« on: Friday 03 February 23 22:25 GMT (UK) »
This is first time I have come across doodles on the census - it made me smile. :)
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Doodling
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 February 23 23:02 GMT (UK) »
One of the doodles reminds me that when I was young I used to more or less draw boxes on top of boxes, that ended up looking like steps.. My favourite tree to doodle at that time was the tall thin poplar tree.  I didn't have much time to doodle after I married but did notice that when I was drawing pictures with the young ones, my tree shapes had changed to more or less circular greenery atop healthy trunks.

I've since read that I could have been expressing a desire to climb the steps to success.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke