Author Topic: Little Staughton Parish Register - WILES  (Read 326 times)

Offline burrito

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Little Staughton Parish Register - WILES
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 March 23 16:13 GMT (UK) »
I suppose Maria needed to find a husband fast, living with her grandparents who died in 1842 and 1843!

I did find the will of Thomas Wiles you mentioned, and transcribed it for myself. This seems to be the Thomas who m. Mary Maxey at Gt Staughton (HUN). I found baptismal records for all these named children (except Dinah) including Elizabeth, also mentioned in the will. There is also a record of an inventory of Thomas's estate in the Bedfordshire Archives.

Since money is left to Thomas (Jr.) for the "cloathing, maintenance and support" of Richard, would that indicate that Richard was disabled in some way and unable to care for himself? I find several references to this Thomas (Jr.) in the Archives, and he is likely the one who m. Mary Emery in Ravensden (1781). But I find no children of theirs in Bedfordshire.

My main question is whether William who m. Ann Lugsdin is the child of the Wiles/Maxey couple. I did not find any trees in Ancestry making that connection, but in Geni someone put John Willis of Little Staughton as William's father but no documentation (of course).