Author Topic: Ancestry DNA matches not loading...  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Razzle Dazzle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry DNA matches not loading...
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 March 23 08:57 GMT (UK) »
I had the same problem using Firefox. It was fixed by turning off Enhanced Tracking Protection. I found the instructions here:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop#w_what-to-do-if-a-site-seems-broken

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn

Bingo! That worked! Thank you so much  ;D

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 March 23 09:38 GMT (UK) »
I found that turning off the Ad Blocker worked.

A couple of threads on this problem so you're not alone.

It's strange:
Firefox with UBlock Origin = blank page
Chrome with Adblock =  normal (and no ads, either visble or blocked)

So I'll use Chrome + Adblock for Ancestry until/if they fix it. I don't switch off ads or tracking on any site, especially one I pay for. And as for switching off AV? Forget it.

Edit: Just installed uBlock Origin (my preferred ad blocker) on Chrome and that works fine too.

Online melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 March 23 12:32 GMT (UK) »
I found that turning off the Ad Blocker worked.

A couple of threads on this problem so you're not alone.

It's strange:
Firefox with UBlock Origin = blank page
Chrome with Adblock =  normal (and no ads, either visble or blocked)

So I'll use Chrome + Adblock for Ancestry until/if they fix it. I don't switch off ads or tracking on any site, especially one I pay for. And as for switching off AV? Forget it.

Edit: Just installed uBlock Origin (my preferred ad blocker) on Chrome and that works fine too.
Thanks for the info farmeroman :).

Offline klewis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 March 23 12:41 GMT (UK) »
I had the same problem using Firefox. It was fixed by turning off Enhanced Tracking Protection. I found the instructions here:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop#w_what-to-do-if-a-site-seems-broken

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn

Bingo! That worked! Thank you so much  ;D

Good to hear it worked for you :)
Surname interests: Bourne, Brown, Bryan, Dagnall/Dagnell, Eades, Farn, Hipwell, Holtom, Miller/Milner, Owen, Patchett/Paget, Shuttleworth, Simson/Simpson, South, Statham, Tandy
Place interests:Bedworth, Birmingham, Brailes, Coleshill, Coventry, Curdworth, Deritend, Edgbaston, Hampton Lucy, Kenilworth, Kingsbury, Lea Marston, Minworth, Rugby, Snitterfield, Tredington, Catthorpe, Fazeley, Handsworth, Tamworth, Denaby

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 March 23 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Well, it seems that there are more than one way of  getting the listing back.  Melba, if I recall, used the Ad blocker method. I found that Ad blocker was only on on the matches page. I turned it off on that page and the matches appeared. Since then I've  only had  ads on that page when they are trying to sell me another DNA kit!

I have had  the 'do not track' turned on for as long as I can remember. but it still gave me a blank page.

I could get the listing up on Chrome but I prefer Firefox.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 March 23 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Well, it seems that there are more than one way of  getting the listing back.  Melba, if I recall, used the Ad blocker method. I found that Ad blocker was only on on the matches page. I turned it off on that page and the matches appeared. Since then I've  only had  ads on that page when they are trying to sell me another DNA kit!

I have had  the 'do not track' turned on for as long as I can remember. but it still gave me a blank page.

I could get the listing up on Chrome but I prefer Firefox.

Gadget

Good point about only needing to use Chrome for the DNA matches page.

Offline klewis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 02 March 23 14:02 GMT (UK) »
If anyone is interested in the specific details of the Firefox/AncestryDNA/ETP problem, see Bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1818328
Surname interests: Bourne, Brown, Bryan, Dagnall/Dagnell, Eades, Farn, Hipwell, Holtom, Miller/Milner, Owen, Patchett/Paget, Shuttleworth, Simson/Simpson, South, Statham, Tandy
Place interests:Bedworth, Birmingham, Brailes, Coleshill, Coventry, Curdworth, Deritend, Edgbaston, Hampton Lucy, Kenilworth, Kingsbury, Lea Marston, Minworth, Rugby, Snitterfield, Tredington, Catthorpe, Fazeley, Handsworth, Tamworth, Denaby

Offline Razzle Dazzle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 02 March 23 15:16 GMT (UK) »

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn

Bingo! It worked. Thank you!