Author Topic: Thomas Robinson born 1614 in Cardington  (Read 183 times)

Offline Rkam53

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Robinson born 1614 in Cardington
« on: Friday 03 March 23 19:44 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any information on Thomas Robinson or his Robinson family at large born 1614 in Cardington. His father was Thomas. This is all I know. 

Thomas Robinson bpt 5 Nov 1614 Cardington, Bedford, son of Thomas

Thank you!

Kim

Offline StevenG

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Robinson born 1614 in Cardington
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 March 23 21:41 GMT (UK) »
He was baptised again(!) at Cople the next day, his mother being given as Dorothy. This suggests his parents were Thomas Robinson and Dorothy Sedsman who married at Cardington on 21st January 1604/5. There were three children (Sibyl, Joan & Thomas) baptised at Cardington in this timeframe with a father Thomas. I have no later records for any of the three, but there is a burial of a Thomas Robinson at Cardington on 7th February 1639/40 who might or might not be your man. Parents Thomas & Dorothy were buried a few days apart in February 1619/20.

Since it seems there are no descendants, at least in Cardington, Cople or any of the other parishes I have entered into my database, I am curious as to your interest in this man.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rkam53

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 March 23 00:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank  you StevenG. I was wondering why you thought he was baptized twice.  I know there was a record in Cardington and one in nearby Cople, their fathers were both named Thomas. Could they be different persons with the same name? What do you think? I am asking about him because he may be the Thomas Robinson, who immigrated  to Connecticut. You can find him here on page 820: https://books.google.com/books?id=j6gyAQAAMAAJ&q=Roninson#v=snippet&q=Roninson&f=false

I thought that one of the two Thomas Robinson born in 1614 may have been the Connecticut immigrant in the 1600s because a descendant of Thomas Robinson the immigrant Y-DNA matched a man who immigrated from Great Barford, Bedford, UK to California in 1897, and who traced his
Robinson family line back to the 1600s in that area. Great Barford not being far from Cople and Cardington.

Thank you!

Kam

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 March 23 12:00 GMT (UK) »
From the Cople PR transcript....

baptism 6 Nov 1614 of Thomas son of Thomas & Dorothy Robinson of Cardington with a note "in the vacansie of the Cure"

So it looks like it is the same person

Cheers John   
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Rkam53

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 March 23 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks John,

I am not familiar with the expression "in the vacansie of the Cure". I can't find the expression online, so could you please explain what it means.

Thank you,

Kim