Author Topic: Cissy Lucy Tully  (Read 695 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cissy Lucy Tully
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 March 23 14:17 GMT (UK) »
 That  looks better  :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 March 23 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Winifred Amelia Betteridge of 6 Buckingham Road Margate died 20 Aug 1986 , probate with admin
Brighton 20 Feb.
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 16 March 23 14:26 GMT (UK) »
I think the daughter of the first marriage is almost certainly still alive . I found her marriage and an entry on the 2022 electoral roll for her in Margate.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 March 23 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Christine,
I didn’t see her that late but as I wrote, I couldn’t see a death. Explained.  :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 16 March 23 14:49 GMT (UK) »
That looks perfect.

Just an aside-William and Florence only list 4 children on William's WW1 pension record-Florence Augusta,Winifred Amelia,Ernest William and Ethel Lilian.

Maureen

Offline ezyryder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 16 March 23 15:25 GMT (UK) »
I am now very confused, Cissy was my 1st cousin 1x removed. It’s strange that I had a vague recollection of the name Betteridge its also the name Vic. Now someone has mentioned Buckingham Road I can now remember that was her address. As a long shot could Cissy Lucy be in fact one of the other daughters using a different name??

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 16 March 23 16:15 GMT (UK) »
As a long shot could Cissy Lucy be in fact one of the other daughters using a different name??

Clarence Victor Betteridge was living at 6 Buckingham Road as early as 1948.

I'm not sure what "one of the other daughters" means...?

Maureen

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 16 March 23 16:29 GMT (UK) »
I am now very confused, Cissy was my 1st cousin 1x removed. It’s strange that I had a vague recollection of the name Betteridge its also the name Vic. Now someone has mentioned Buckingham Road I can now remember that was her address. As a long shot could Cissy Lucy be in fact one of the other daughters using a different name??

Winifred Amelia Tully is on the 1911 census  here : https://www.familysearch.org/search/ark:/61903/1:1:XW8G-BRK
with her parents William Edward and Florence Louisa Tully . Note that there is no one in the household called Cissy Lucy nor is there a birth registration in that name. Winifred married 1. Edward C BEDFORD and 2. Clarence Victor BETTERIDGE. Cissy is quite often used as an alternative name and I would imagine that was what Winifred was called in the family.

Offline ezyryder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 16 March 23 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maureen
That was badly worded, sorry for confusion. I meant to say could Cissy Lucy be in fact Winnifred or Florence.

Hi Christine
I think you are probably on the right track as I did remember the nam Betteridge and you have an address I do remember Buckingham Road. I only remember my parents call her Cissy. I am now wondering about the death that Haywood found in the name of Vic Gardner does that tie up or not related.

Thanking all of you who have helped out on this topic, any Luther information will be welcome.