Author Topic: 1939 England and Wales Register - dates of birth  (Read 2108 times)

Offline ALAMO2008

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 England and Wales Register - dates of birth
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 19 March 23 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Cheers Jebber and Deirdre784
at Last someone who agrees with me about 1939 Register Birth Dates Accuracy
CHAPMAN ROBINSON McKAY O'MALLEY

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 19 March 23 12:58 GMT (UK) »
There is an Alice Maud record with that date of birth on the 1939 register..... Alice Maud Hill (married to Joseph). Also one other but she's single. Several Alice M records too.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 19 March 23 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried Rowlands as well? Or Maud Alice, or just Maud or Alice. Name variations / spellings are common, and people who change their Christian names are a nightmare :(
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 19 March 23 13:10 GMT (UK) »
No marriage  to Joseph Hill found.

Re dates on the 1939 - my father subtract 2 years and 1 day from his birth date.I'm not sure why as he knew his DofB !

Add - Deidre - I used  *  in various places for surname
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 19 March 23 13:12 GMT (UK) »
No marriage  to Joseph Hill found.

Re dates on the 1939 - my father subtract 2 years and 1 day from his birth date.I'm not sure why as he knew his DofB !

Deidre - I used *  in various places

Agreed, i just did a few marriage checks and for the son on freeBMD (as the GRO site still seems to be down :()

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 19 March 23 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone checked for deaths or is Nellie sure that she was alive then?  I've only done a skim read of the thread. 
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 19 March 23 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone checked for deaths or is Nellie sure that she was alive then?  I've only done a skim read of the thread. 

not one with same names and recorded DoB on freeBMD, but of course she might have died before actual dates were included

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 19 March 23 13:24 GMT (UK) »

last known in a photo aged 40-50

Offline nellie d

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 19 March 23 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Gadget…what Deirdre784 says is correct.
Her brothers from the US visited in 1955 and she is a photograph with one of them outside her house in Tunbridge Wells and with my great grandparents and her brother on the sea front somewhere!
Mayhew,Birch,Coates,Norman - Suffolk
Masters - Somerset
Richardson, Masters, Langridge, Dyer, Chambers - Sussex
Dyer, Luscombe, Hurrell - Devon
Chambers - Brecon
Lambden, Hawkins - Berkshire
Biggs, Cooper, Druce, Hedges, Haywood, Francis,Ward, Skidmore, Pinfold, Dorn, Gardener, Hopgood - Oxfordshire
Francis, Clarke - Lambeth/Surrey
Rowland, Emmett, Lockhart - Southwark/Middlesex
Simpson, Exall, Mann, Frisby,  - Kent
Ward, Teasdale, Smalwood - Yorkshire
Tomkins, Bayliss - Warwickshire