Author Topic: Burials in Craigs?  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Burials in Craigs?
« on: Thursday 08 September 05 05:56 BST (UK) »
Does anybody have access to any of the burials in or around Craigs.

I am looking for the Elder Family and/or Stewart Family. (Any members of these two families.)

In particular:

John Elder aged 80 yrs died on the 1st April 1898 at Craigs informant was  Ann Smyth daughter.

Margret Elder aged 71 yrs died on the 29th May 1904 at Craigs, labourers widow, informant was Henry Smith son in law.

They are my biggest stumbling block  ???

We believe that Margaret's maiden surname was Stewart/Stuart and that she may have gone by the name of Peggy. (If this is the case, then this is my gg-grandparents.)

I have done so well with my other family names, but I seem to be hitting brick walls with my Irish line.

If anybody can find any members of these two family names, I would appreciate the information, as I can try to see if they fit in.

Thank you so much.

Janice :'(
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie