Author Topic: James Family Redskin Village Mitcham  (Read 844 times)

Offline waynus james

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Family Redskin Village Mitcham
« on: Sunday 02 April 23 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hi All I am trying to find out information and old photos of my family. My great great grandparents were John James and Minnie Collins both from Surrey.  They had 23 children in total -  not sure if all of them lived.  In the turn of the Century they were living in Queens Road Mitcham this is were the family settled. The children were John junior died aged 1. Sam married Emily King. Joe married Daisy (not sure of surname),  Bobby married Rose Hilden, Elizabeth married David Hilden, Louise married Abraham Deakins and then one of the Marneys.  Unity married Frank Bird and then Ernie Smith, Minnie marred Henry Beaney, Rose married Benny Eastwood,  Malinda married David Lee, Amy married William Shoebridge,  Britty married Lenny Friend,  Violet married Joe Carey, Ellen marred Jack Lee. There was also Ada, Verty and Oshey - don't know who they married or the names of the others. Any information would help but I am mostly looking for photos. Thanks  for reading and if you can help please get in touch. Best wishes. Waynus James

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: James Family Redskin Village Mitcham
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 April 23 01:37 BST (UK) »
Lots of names but no birthyears or birthplaces?

Use freebmd to determine that info - www.freebmd.org.uk

Henry Beaney married Minnie James in 1917 per freebmd

All censuses from 1841-1911 are free to search here

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/list?cqs=England+census

The 1939 register is only available via subscription but the index is free

The 1921 census is only available on FindMyPast

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 April 23 04:04 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD

Robert (Bobby) married Rose Hildin 1916 reg. Croydon

Elizabeth married David Hilding 1917 reg. Croydon

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 April 23 06:27 BST (UK) »
There is a Violet James daughter of John James married Job Carey, son of Elias at Pyrford, St Nicholas Surrey on 13 March 1916.

Violet was 19 and Job was 18

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 April 23 06:34 BST (UK) »
Joe James married Daisy Hildin 1916 registered Croydon.

Were Daisy and Rose related ?

Offline waynus james

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 14 April 23 15:45 BST (UK) »
hi thank you for helping with this thats very kind of you i have fond most of them on bmd cant find rose and ben on any and i cant find any of them on ancestry just john and minnie in 1911 with britty violet and Ellen hopeing for family members to read this and hopefulley get some photos and info on them kind regards waynus james

Offline Rose55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 August 23 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Waynus, Frank Bird was my nan's uncle. When her mother died my nan went to live with Charlie and Lousia Marney (who had previously been married to Abraham Deakins). They lived in Deburgh Road, South Wimbledon. The Marneys travelled in Kent during WW2 and finally settled in Walton-on-Thames close to the River Mole at Fieldcommon Lane. I have some photos from 1939 of my nan and maybe some James/Marney/Deakins from the Mitcham area. Not sure who the people are in the photographs other than my nan who is in the middle of the group photo. I think the couple might be Charlie and Lousia - let me know if you recognize anyone.

Offline waynus james

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 16 September 23 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Rose 55 Thank you so much for this so sorry its been awhile  I have only just seen this because its my friend's computer.  Unfortunately I don't recognise any of the people in the photos just names. First of all, who was your grandmother (her name please) and who were her parents? How was she related to Louisa and Charlie Marney? Unity who was married to Frank Bird is Louisa's sister on the James side.  How sure are you that the couple outside the bus are Louisa and Charlie? Do you have any other photos of these or their children as I have a great aunt still alive and she may recognise some of these people. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for the information so far. Best Wishes Waynus

Offline Rose55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 16 September 23 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Waynus, my grandmother’s name was Winifred Ellen Bird, her parents were John and Mabel Bird. They travelled in Kent but I think they had connections with the Mitcham area. John was Frank Bird's brother. My nan was not related to Charlie or Louisa Marney, but she went to live with them when her own mother died. I am not certain if the couple in the photograph are Charlie and Louisa, I was hoping to find someone who might recognise them.