Author Topic: Morris Family of Stevington  (Read 204 times)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Morris Family of Stevington
« on: Thursday 06 April 23 11:58 BST (UK) »
This is a long-shot, but does anyone have access to Bedfordshire PR's ? Robert MORRIS was born in 1550, but I cannot find his parents or if he was a native of the area, and am keen to know where he came from ?.  His son William b.1575, was a husbandman and died in 1641 and although I have details of his seven children, I don't know who he married either.  Many thanks !   :D :D :D
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Morris Family of Stevington
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 April 23 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hello Mobo,  The Stevington PR only starts in 1603 so no records for baptisms for Robert Morris (1550) or his son William (1575). Looking at the Beds FHS Surnames there are no baptisms for Robert around 1550 or William 1575. Regarding a wife for William who died 1641 (although there is no record for his burial in Stevington) have you looked at the will for him held at Beds Archives reference ABP/W 1641-42/161 to see if she is named (unless she died before he did)

Regards John
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Re: Morris Family of Stevington
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 April 23 16:26 BST (UK) »
Hi John..... William Morris's will mentions his son William & his children (Wm. Thos. Henry & Jane). Also, a Christopher, a daughter of Bromham, and son Robert of Sharnbrook & his children (Elizabeth & Wm).  Son Thomas is Sole Executor, and legacies are left to 'son' William West & family.  That's as far back as I could get, unfortunately.  Many thanks....  :) :) :)

BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)