Author Topic: Mary Lloyd Jones death  (Read 675 times)

Offline Heather58

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Lloyd Jones death
« on: Monday 22 May 23 22:38 BST (UK) »
Good evening, my ancestor was Lewis Frederick Lloyd Jones and he lived Merlin Way, Leckhampton, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. He died 19 Jun 1998.  He was married to Mary Lloyd Jones nee Mary Frances Joyce Ewins born November 1917 in Acton London they married in Parish Church of Llanallgo, Anglesey her parents were Samuel Ewins and Mary Florence McCafferty. In Lewis's Will he leaves lots of items to Mary and other people including a son which I never knew about - who is he, no name given. What I would like to know is can anyone help me find the death of Mary his wife and who was his son?
Thank you
Kind regards
 :)
Warburton, Ackerley, Foxley, Gerrards, Buckley, Totty, Woodworth, Parkes, Bingley, Meredith, Gill, Royle all Cheshire, Pritchard,  Roberts, Caernarfonshire. Ingham, Roberts in Denbigh

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Lloyd Jones death
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 May 23 22:57 BST (UK) »
The marriage was 1941 so if he was born within the marriage there is nothing showing.  Lewis was b 1909 - does the 1941 marriage cert show whether he was previously married

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 May 23 23:00 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage in Gloucs in 1968 with the same christian name & initials as your ancestor

If this is the son - there is no birth reg & as he may still be alive - details can’t be given here

Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 May 23 23:14 BST (UK) »
I wonder if he married twice.   If the 1968 marriage was him - he was 59 at the time.  His wife may have been previously married so if there was a birth you would need to establish her maiden name via purchase of the 1968 marriage cert

The “son” may have been hers from a previous relationship

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 May 23 23:50 BST (UK) »
The 1968 marriage was a second marriage & his wife was Mary Fluke b 1921 Glamorgan.  She is the Mary in the will - not Mary F J.

She was single but I can’t see an illegitimate birth prior to 1968 or a birth after the marriage.  There are 3 in the London area in the 1950’s

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 May 23 07:30 BST (UK) »
Acton Gazette dated 23 February 1951 reports the death of Sam (Samuel) Ewins.

Mary F J Lloyd Jones nee Ewins was still alive at that time. The obituary says he leaves a widow a son and two married daughters.

The son is John S Ewins, Mr. L F Lloyd Jones and Mr. John Day sons in law, it also mentions several of his brothers and sisters.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 May 23 07:42 BST (UK) »
Since her husband was the Reverend L F Lloyd Jones perhaps if you follow his career you will happen upon her death or separation.

There is an article in the Liverpool Echo 8 March 1938 about his abrupt resignation as curate  from St Anne's Aigburth, he was previously at St John's Waterloo.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 23 May 23 08:18 BST (UK) »
Electoral Rolls

1954 Champion Hill Dulwich lists both Lewis F and Mary F J

1959 Dulwich Lewis F and Mary F J

1961 94 Calton Avenue Dulwich only Lewis F is listed.

So she possibly died late 1958 (the rolls are made the previous year) and before 1961 in the Dulwich area 

Offline Heather58

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 23 May 23 22:41 BST (UK) »
thank you so much everyone I will investigate
Kind regards
 :)
Warburton, Ackerley, Foxley, Gerrards, Buckley, Totty, Woodworth, Parkes, Bingley, Meredith, Gill, Royle all Cheshire, Pritchard,  Roberts, Caernarfonshire. Ingham, Roberts in Denbigh