Author Topic: Keogh or McKeogh  (Read 198 times)

Offline Debbie B67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Keogh or McKeogh
« on: Friday 26 May 23 08:21 BST (UK) »
Hi, My name is Debbie and I live in NSW Australia. I have been researching my Irish heritage for a few years on and off and I have hit a brick wall. I was wondering if anyone could hep me with my 3rd Great Grandfather - his name was Mick (Michael) Keogh or McKeogh, OR Keough or even McKeough, the further Ive gone back the more the spelling changes and Keogh seems to be the oldest version.
Anyway I have details for Mick Keogh/McKeogh etc.. born approx 1805, married Mary Ryan in 1833 and passed away at Birdhill Tipperary 16 March 1870. I also have found his children but as for his parents - thats a different story. If anyone can help if it would be appreciated.

Offline QueenoftheWest

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Keogh or McKeogh
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 May 23 14:00 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat!

If you could please provide the sources for your information, then that would prevent duplicate research.

Could you also please provide the names and baptism details for their children.

Queenie  :)
Fidler - West Ilsley, Berkshire
Hamlin/Hamlyn - Long Sutton & Martock, Somerset
Head - Marlborough & Alton Priors, Wiltshire
Minson - Kingstone, Somerset/Symondsbury, Dorset
Owsley - Buckland St Mary, Somerset
Pyke - (West) Weeke/Wick, Pewsey, Wiltshire
Salisbury - Dowlish Wake/West Dowlish, Somerset

Offline Debbie B67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 May 23 05:58 BST (UK) »
Hi again, My ancestor Michael/Mick Keogh/McKeogh/McKeough- the birth/baptism records I have found for Michael (Mick) McKeogh/Keogh (etc) came from Roots Ireland. Most of the information I have has come from Parish records - Irish Catholic Parish Records, Irish Select Births or Baptisms or Census information which I found whilst on Ancestry.com ... Michael/Mick had approx 7-9 children with Mary Ryan (1814-1878) and his mothers name was Joan Doyle apparently, all we have for his father is a surname of Keogh - we don't have any other information other than the year he was apparently born - 1805 in Tipperary., which again came from Ireland Calendars of Wills and Administrations 1858-1920

Offline Debbie B67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 May 23 06:37 BST (UK) »
I forgot to add the information about Micks children : Michael born approx 1836, John James (my great great Grandfather) born1837, died 1905 here in Australia, Margaret, Bridget, Patrick,Mary & Catherine, also possibly Matilda and Ellen. I have also since found a different date of birth and a different spouse - Mick was born 4 Sept 1812 and his spouse was Mary Walsh (1815-1878).
Church Baptism Record
Name:   Michael Mckeogh   Date of Birth:   
        Date of Baptism:   14-Sep-1812
Address:   Not Recorded   Parish/District:   NEWPORT
Denomination:   Roman Catholic
Father:   Michael Mckeogh   Mother:   Margaret Hogan
Sponsor 1 /
Informant 1:   John Mcgrath
Sponsor 2 /
Informant 2:   Brigid Ryan
Again this information is from Roots Ireland.