Author Topic: The People of 1381  (Read 396 times)

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
The People of 1381
« on: Tuesday 06 June 23 13:36 BST (UK) »
If you are lucky enough to have researched your ancestors a long way back you might find this database helpful.  It lists people involved in the Peasants' Revolt: Participants comprise everyone who was affected by the rising – not only those accused of being rebels, but also victims, jurors, justices and lawyers who took part in prosecutions arising from the revolt. The database includes information on relationships between individuals, occupations and background biographical information from sources such as manorial records.

http://www.1381.online/

You can search by person or place.

Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The People of 1381
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 June 23 16:31 BST (UK) »
Amazing!   :)
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 June 23 19:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks Bearcat.   We learnt about the peasants revolt in school  but at that time it was far removed from the lifestyle I knew back in the 1940s-1950s.

I do have interests in Norfolk, and this time I found one surname that I'm researching in (Welles/de Welles) but I think my branch must have been quite satisfied with his lot.

Once again thanks for posting, I appreciated the chance to check.

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 June 23 12:01 BST (UK) »
Very interesting, thanks for the link bearkat. Even though most of us won't have any known direct line to the people, it is interesting to look at, in particular places in the areas our ancestors did later live :).