Author Topic: Millbrook Churchyard Essex?  (Read 161 times)

Offline HenryB1234

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Millbrook Churchyard Essex?
« on: Friday 18 August 23 08:50 BST (UK) »
Trying to locate a Millbrook Churchyard. The name appears in a relatives will, as to the location that their ashes are to be buried.
This person's ashes were returned from Scotland to a solicitor in Rayleigh Essex to dispose of as per the will. The person was known to the solicitor. Solicitor's records no longer exist.
The person spent most of his life in Essex. Laterly Hadleigh/Thundersley. So would suggest this location is in Essex. But could be completely wrong.
He requested his ashes be placed along side his partner, at the same location. She lived in Thundersley, Essex.
Been unable to find the location of his ashes (Stollworthy) or his partner (Gentry).
Despite searching on DeceasedOnLine. He died in 2000, she 1991.
Interested to receive any help or suggestions.

Offline HenryB1234

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Millbrook Churchyard Essex?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 August 23 17:01 BST (UK) »
Since I have posted this message, I have made a discovery by chance. Getting late in the night, I clicked a link and there they were.
The graves in question are at Millbrook Churchyard in Cornwall. Quite why I am not sure, but may be a lovely peaceful part of the country.
There does however appear to be an old and new cemetery at Millbrook, the records are perhaps held by different councils. So still looking into that.
Many thanks for reading.  :D