Author Topic: Translate medical terms of death  (Read 298 times)

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Translate medical terms of death
« on: Tuesday 10 October 23 05:54 BST (UK) »
 A relative in Ontario Canada died of senility and 2 other conditions which I cannot find in a medical dictionary. Hopefully am looking for the explanation of what the Doctor stated. I found similar conditions but different spellings. Can you help with this. Thanks--- ankerpep_52    (Janet) 
 1) Choleaptitis
 2)  Papelonephritus 
BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Translate medical terms of death
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 October 23 08:50 BST (UK) »
Possibility?
Choleaptitis - cholecystitis - the 'a' actually being a 'c' and the p a 'y'. Does that work?

Papelonephritus = Pyelonephritis?

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 October 23 14:58 BST (UK) »
I agree, but just a bit more, Chole  pertaining to the gall bladder, so the possibility of gallstones causing the liver to malfunction, my grandmother died from that because she would not have the gallstone removal operation.

Papelo- papelomas, growths on the kidneys causing nephritis ,so two conditions,each very painful and life threatening.
Viktoria.

P. S. Started this answer a couple of hours ago ,went shopping and just back .
We are all singing from the same sheet!
Viktoria.

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 October 23 00:25 BST (UK) »
Crisane and Viktoria- Hi to both and thanks for your inputs, really appreciate it..  I also thought the spelling was off but perhaps that was the old version.  They did not have the health care in the early yrs. so I agree it must have been terribly painful.  My dad died in 1953 of Brights disease and several yrs ago a Dr. said he had never heard of it.  It is hardening of the arteries in the kidney, caused be chronic high blood pressure.
   I hear you Veronika.  I also start things and end up doing something else.  Makes for an interesting day.
                                                                                                   Janet    ankerpep_52

BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK