Author Topic: Lizer and Rachel Hart  (Read 320 times)

Offline pwh74

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lizer and Rachel Hart
« on: Saturday 11 November 23 00:33 GMT (UK) »
I am seeking information about Lizer Hart and his wife Rachel.They lived in London but had connections to Birmingham,as they were both buried as Birmingham. Rachel died in 1743 and Lizer
died on 20/1/1800.I have extensive knowledge of their family and descendants , but nothing about
them. Any help would indeed be welcome.
                                                                       Thanks
                                                                                     pwh74

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Lizer and Rachel Hart
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 November 23 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

There is a 57yr gap between the 2 deaths.  How old were both Rachel & Lizer when they each died?

When did they marry?  What documentary evidence do you have of their respective burials?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 November 23 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Can you please give the baptism details for their children.

Offline pwh74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 November 23 22:47 GMT (UK) »
CaroleW
            I think i need to correct what i wrote there.Leizer was born in 1743 and died on 20/1/1800.
Rachel ,whose maiden name is unknown was born in 1752 and died on 17/9/1818.As to when they
were married can only be estimated. A well researched family history given to me by a cousin
has there being seven children. I only have information on the last four. The first of these is my
2x great grand mother, Elizabeth Hart born in 1776. That would make her about 23 when
Elizabeth was born.When the other three boys were born is unknown. The best guess that i can
make is that she was from 18 to 22 when she married. That would make her wedding year
somewhere between  1770 and 1775. Much of the research into the early part of the family
history was done in London with the assistance of a rabbi,so i can be reasonably sure of its
accuracy .
                                                                    Thanks
                                                                                pwh74

Offline pwh74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 November 23 23:05 GMT (UK) »
mcka489
As far as i know there were seven children. There are three sons whom i know nothing about.
I can only give you details of the last four
Elizabeth Hart born 1776 died 18/5/1848. She is my 2x great grandmother.
Ashur Hart    born 1786 died 6/2/1860  in Sydney  Australia
John   Hart   born  13/2/1789  died  23/1/1864   Melbourne Australia
Abraham Hart   1801.
All the children were born in London.  Hope that helps you.
                                                                                   Thanks
                                                                                               pwh74

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 November 23 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Here's their children
Elizabeth c 1776
Hyam 1780-1826 London buried Brady St Cemetery Whitechapel (coal dealer Petticoat Lane on PCC Will_)Wife Lydia
Asher 1786 -1860
john 1789-1864
Abraham 1797-1857 Murrumbidgee River, Nsw, Australia
Benjamin 1800 -26.7.1852 Goodmans Fields Lemon Street Brady St Cemetery
And if there are 7 there must be one more but struggling with them .
There is an Eleazer Hart in the same Cemetary 1787- 13.11.1857 which could be the 7th child.

Ciderdrinker

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 November 23 18:11 GMT (UK) »
I am seeking information about Lizer Hart and his wife Rachel.They lived in London but had connections to Birmingham,as they were both buried as Birmingham. Rachel died in 1743 and Lizer
died on 20/1/1800.I have extensive knowledge of their family and descendants , but nothing about
them. Any help would indeed be welcome.
                                                                       Thanks
                                                                                     pwh74

There is a detailed account on ancestry researched by John Goodall if anyone has access.
https://www.rootschat.com/links/01srw/

With regard to ‘Birmingham’ that piece says it is an alternative name and that death/marriages show them as Birmingham.
I don’t know if this refers to descendants or to the couple themselves.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 13 November 23 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried the Jewish Gen website?.

Offline pwh74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 14 November 23 02:33 GMT (UK) »
ciderdrinker
                     Thank you for the new information on Hyam and Benjamin. The fact is that i knew nothing about Hyam and nothing about Benjamin except his name. In the family history i was
given three possible extra children were mentioned, Benjamin,Edward and Isaac. There was
no indication of when they were born. The dates you have given for Hyam and Benjamin do fit in to
the timeline of Rachels life.

I dont know where you got your information about Abraham, but this
what i have. I have him being born in 1801. His marriage record  gives his name as Eliezer
Lazar Birmingham. That raises two issues, the possible family connection to Birmingham, and
the other Hart burial. Between 1819 and 1841 there are seven references to him living at
various addresses on Rosemary Lane. They are the Trade Directory, Pigots Directory, birth
records, insurance records and the 1841 census. The only thing i dont have is his is when he died

By now you must be wondering who was drowned in the Murrumbidge River. Well, i can enlighten
you. That was in fact  Lazarus Hart, Ashers son and thus Abrahams nephew.  He was born in
Portsmouth in 1810. In 1830 he was convicted of house breaking at the Old Bailey. I found the
record of his trial online and downloaded it. I have also been able to trace him using online
contemporary newspaper articles in the old Sydney papers and the Convict Record which shows
him arriving in Sydney on the York in Feburary 1831. He was the of his family to come to
Australia. After serving his sentence he became a commercial traveller and drowned attempting
to cross the river in 1857

Thanks
                                                           pwh74