Author Topic: Are these the same man  (Read 231 times)

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Are these the same man
« on: Sunday 26 November 23 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have an ancestor Elizabeth Mordaunt. I know where her grave is (Monaseed), she is with her parents as Elizabeth Kinsella. Her father was Edward.  There is an Alexander Kinsella in the grave, relationship not stated. Death ages/dates confirm that this is them in 1901;
http://census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wexford/Monaseed/Foxcover/1792819/

I am wondering if this is their marriage, age, location and her father's name match. Just can't read his name. Even on 1901 census where she is styled as Bessie his name is written as Alexander. I can't actually read his name on marriage registration, but it sure is not Alexander.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1867/11512/8234076.pdf

Thanks for any opinions
M

Roche Wexford/USA
Sinnott 2 families Ardcavan Wexford/USA and Boolaboy.
Cullen Ballyknockan  Wexford/ USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Are these the same man
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 November 23 02:13 GMT (UK) »
His Christian name is indexed as "Sandam".
Looks to me like the priest struggled to fill out the form - look at "labourer", and struggled with his name also. May have been a pronunciation/hearing issue?
But I would say it is certainly him.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 November 23 02:27 GMT (UK) »
His Christian name is indexed as "Sandam".
Looks to me like the priest struggled to fill out the form - look at "labourer", and struggled with his name also. May have been a pronunciation/hearing issue?
But I would say it is certainly him.

Thanks for your input. I don't see labourer anywhere - all farmers! Yes I saw it was indexed as 'Sandam'. I tried to see Sandy of Sander or something that could be a form of Alexander but just can't. I do think chances are that its them. As I said her father, place and ages all correct.
M
Roche Wexford/USA
Sinnott 2 families Ardcavan Wexford/USA and Boolaboy.
Cullen Ballyknockan  Wexford/ USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 November 23 02:44 GMT (UK) »

Thanks for your input. I don't see labourer anywhere - all farmers! Yes I saw it was indexed as 'Sandam'. I tried to see Sandy of Sander or something that could be a form of Alexander but just can't. I do think chances are that its them. As I said her father, place and ages all correct.
M

Sorry - I misread about labourer.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area