Author Topic: National Archives Dublin  (Read 948 times)

Offline xpress4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
National Archives Dublin
« on: Wednesday 06 December 23 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

There is a record I'd like a copy of at the National Archives in Dublin. Unfortunately I'm in the U.S. and they only accept bank checks in Euros and the bank says they can't do that.

Does anyone know of a service in Dublin where someone could go do this for me and mail me the copies? I would need to pay them with credit card or some other electronic payment method.

Thank you,
Brenda
MOORE, LAW, SANDFORD, DELANEY

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Re: National Archives Dublin
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 December 23 22:12 GMT (UK) »
I’ve not ordered documents from the NA Dublin before, do they not accept online payments via credit card? Credit cards can be used for foreign currency payments with no problem, some like Chase do not charge for the service either and offer and extremely good rate of exchange.
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline xpress4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 December 23 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately not. They said bank check is their only accepted payment method. Surprising and frustrating.
MOORE, LAW, SANDFORD, DELANEY

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 31 December 23 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Send me a PM with what you want done. It might not be in the next month, but I (or a friend) can help out.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344