Author Topic: The extensive BARFOOT family  (Read 7542 times)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The extensive BARFOOT family
« Reply #90 on: Monday 12 February 24 16:17 GMT (UK) »

Odd that on the baptism of George Lomas in 1857 mother Jane was just Jane HYDE.

Not sure whether you can view the baptism record so have added it here.

I'm not sure whether the George Lomas son of William & Jane Hyde Lomas may have married in 1888 - have added a snippet of the marriage entry

On George's baptism father William occ farmer and on this 1888 marriage father William occ farmer - if that is the case he's probably not the correct George Lomas from 1901 census married to Emma who named their daughter Jane Hyde Lomas  ???

George Lomas Age 32 father William
Marriage 18 Jan 1888 Chapel-en-le-Frith, Derbyshire
Spouse Agnes Ellen Lomas father John

Will have to be patient and wait until you have received the marriage cert for George Lomas to Emma Barfoot to see what it reveals........
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KEVKEV

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday 13 February 24 03:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you you wonderful folk who stepped in to help after viewing my original post. You pulled out the stops and have gone far and above what I expected, not only giving of your time, expertise, available resources, but finances. It's all very appreciated.

We uncovered so much information on this family which likely has never been uncovered in such depth.
It is amazing work, and also very interesting regarding this side of my family who may or may not have tried hiding skeletons in their cupboards.
   Once I have the marriage certificate I will add it here...hope it's helpful.
                     many thanks...so far. Kevin.
Dunigan (Dunnigan) and Goughan of York and Ireland (somewhere). Langleys of stairfoot nr. Barnsley also of Belper. William Taylor who died 1906 in Ardsley nr. Barnsley and born Leicester about 1835...(anything on him) Holdstocks of York.
Barfoots of Hunslet and family of Wright Hadfield of Doncaster (or Rotherham) and Hoyland also Foulstones of Hoyland.

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Thursday 21 March 24 14:40 GMT (UK) »

Once I have the marriage certificate I will add it here...hope it's helpful.
                     many thanks...so far. Kevin.

Just wondering if you have received the m/c for George Lomas and Emma Barfoot yet? If so, was it helpful?

Offline KEVKEV

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Thursday 21 March 24 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello  again Ladyhawk, really great you have enquired about the certificate. Thank you.
I did order it online and the funds were taken but was told it could take up to six weeks (??) to arrive.
  I have been waiting every day lately.
Thank you for your interest still as it's been a while but although I would like to copy and paste or scan it eventually for here, I believe rootschat doesn't allow full certificates to be posted. Maybe two halves?
    I will be in touch for sure and maybe should have already written a note that I am still waiting.
                  Take care, Kevin.
Dunigan (Dunnigan) and Goughan of York and Ireland (somewhere). Langleys of stairfoot nr. Barnsley also of Belper. William Taylor who died 1906 in Ardsley nr. Barnsley and born Leicester about 1835...(anything on him) Holdstocks of York.
Barfoots of Hunslet and family of Wright Hadfield of Doncaster (or Rotherham) and Hoyland also Foulstones of Hoyland.

Offline KEVKEV

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Friday 12 April 24 20:58 BST (UK) »
No certificate yet, if nothing on Monday I need to enquire.
I should have asked a sister of mine to go purchase the certificate at the register office!
  Hope you all are well. Kevin.

Offline KEVKEV

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Monday 15 April 24 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hello to all.
Finally the marriage certificate for George Lomas and Emma Barfoot arrived- hope I can upload part of it correctly. I scanned in two parts.
It doesn't seem to bring us any closer to determining what happened to Fanny Barfoot nee Bend but any opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
              Kevin.
Can't post the two parts of the certificate, says file is too large- only 500KB allowed. Have tried another way, hope it shows up.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday 16 April 24 02:43 BST (UK) »
Had to skim  through the whole thread again to refresh my memory, though I'm still trying to remember the detail of this complicated family!

So Emma does say her father is Samuel BEND - is she " Fanny" who for some reason has deceided to call herself by her sister's name? Or is there another Samuel BEND?

At least George LOMAS does appear to be the one Ladyhawk found with father William LOMAS who married Jane Hyde TURNER.

Modified to strike through - think I was getting mixed up, previously I think you said Fanny was the daughter of Samson BEND. So Emma BARFOOT (nee BEND) is not one of Samson's daughters, but names her father Samuel BEND.

Offline KEVKEV

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Thursday 18 April 24 01:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks maddy.
Yes I am somewhat confused still about this lineage, especially now after reviewing that marriage cert.
   Not only does Emma name her father as Samuel and not Sansun/ Samson but her age is a few years different to what we already have. Her age at 38 on the certificate tells us she was born around 1858 whereas I have a birth for her as 22nd December 1863- five years difference.

I can't find a birth for an Emma Bend around 1858 with father Samuel or even father Sansum.
 Have I been mistaken all these years and Fanny and Emma are not sisters?
    It looks like I need to do some backtracking.
        Now I need to find where I originally got information that Fanny Bends father was Sansun.
I hope I did proper research all those years ago when working on Fanny's line.

I would for sure have sent for Fanny Bend and Frederick George Barfoot Srs marriage certificate but we cannot locate a date and place. Looks like their first child (since Fanny would only be 20 years of age) was Frederick George Barfoot born 1880 in Battersea
                       Thank you for replying, much appreciated.

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Thursday 18 April 24 23:57 BST (UK) »

I can't find a birth for an Emma Bend around 1858 with father Samuel or even father Sansum.

Have I been mistaken all these years and Fanny and Emma are not sisters?

It looks like I need to do some backtracking.

Now I need to find where I originally got information that Fanny Bends father was Sansun.
I hope I did proper research all those years ago when working on Fanny's line.

Haven’t got chance this evening to add all the details to these baptisms in Bottesford Leicestershire for

Betsy
Sansom Bend occ agricultural lab. Ann late Dent

Emma born 22 Dec 1863
Sansom Bend Ann late Dent

Edit to add

Father Sansom occupation labourer

GRO index

BEND, EMMA       DENT 
GRO Reference: 1864  M Quarter in GRANTHAM  Volume 07A  Page 447

Fanny born 07 Jan 1860
Sansom Bend occ labourer Ann late Johnson

Edit to add gro index shows mmn Dent not Johnson as stated on baptism record

BEND, FANNY       DENT 
GRO Reference: 1860  M Quarter in GRANTHAM UNION  Volume 07A  Page 424

George

Hannah Bend
Sansom Bend occ agricultural lab Ann late Johnson

Mary

Sansom
Bend
Sansom Ann late Dent

Sarah Bend
1858 Bottesford
Sansom Bend Ann late Johnson

Thomas
1867 Bottesford
Sansom Bend Ann late  Dent

will take another look tomorrow

Added There’s no baptism for an Emma Bend 1858 father named Samuel in Bottesford Leicestershire