Author Topic: James Gray McLaren: death information?  (Read 368 times)

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Gray McLaren: death information?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 February 24 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Alison Agnes Mackinnon only died months ago at age 94 according to SP (mother Elder).

Also, I can't see any divorce for Alison and James... did you see one?

I do see that Alison Agnes Mackinnon in her death also went by Alison McLaren and is listed under that name on SP. Could they still have been married? Divorces only get listed from 1984 on SP...

Stewart. Scott. Bruce. McPherson. McMurray. McKibbin . McKay. McCann. Mckrinkine. McClewnan. McCallum. Joss. Ross. Morrison. Chapman. Middlemiss. Robinson. Conlon. Duffy. Dalgarno. Crookshank. Gammack. Ramsay. Mutch. Crawford. Orr. Galbraith. Kerr. Fergusson. Campbell.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 February 24 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Alison Agnes Mackinnon only died months ago at age 94 according to SP (mother Elder).

Also, I can't see any divorce for Alison and James... did you see one?

I do see that Alison Agnes Mackinnon in her death also went by Alison McLaren and is listed under that name on SP. Could they still have been married?
Divorced women's death certificates in Scotland include all their surnames, maiden, married and divorced, assuming of course that the informant knows all of their surnames. 

Divorces only get listed from 1984 on SP...
Until 1983, a divorce is added to the original marriage certificate in the form of an RCE (Register of Corrected Entries) listing.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Jet Brown

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 February 24 18:17 GMT (UK) »

Thanks for the info  re AAM...
I did have Alison McLaren's death (I actually registered her death!) and there was most certainly a divorce...some time during the late 1960s I think it was...or early 70s at latest.
I also looked at some of the ships' listings as well in case he'd gone overseas, but family rumour has it he might have moved to England at some point.  Could of course have married again?!