Author Topic: Help with Toronto, Ontario recent online records  (Read 114 times)

Offline Jan B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Help with Toronto, Ontario recent online records
« on: Saturday 17 February 24 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi,  I can't name the people I'm researching, as some of the family may still be alive.

I'm wondering if there any online newspapers from Toronto that would have a report of a car accident from approx 1980 to 1990 ish. 
Also are there any online sites for marriages from approx 1970's  and deaths from approx 1980+
Elms from Somerset, South Wales, & Co Durham

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Toronto, Ontario recent online records
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 February 24 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan,

If the people you are researching are not longer living, it is OK to post their names... if you want to.

The Toronto Star and the Globe and Mail newspaper are available online, but I am not sure if there is a free way to search them.   I think newspapers.com has the Star in its collection.  The Toronto Public Library, and many other libraries in Canada have access to the Star and Globe databases.   Depending on where you are, you may have access through your own library. 

Many of us here do have access to the databases.  If you are able to post anything about the accident - leaving out names of people who are currently living - that would be helpful.   Otherwise, you can contact me by PM and I will see what I can find for you.   :)

RK

Offline Jan B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 February 24 17:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply RK.   I'll private message you if thats ok.

Jan
Elms from Somerset, South Wales, & Co Durham

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 February 24 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Sure :)