Author Topic: Williams Terrance Peter  (Read 233 times)

Offline heatherlea1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Williams Terrance Peter
« on: Monday 26 February 24 02:32 GMT (UK) »
Our Franklin Genealogy Branch is aiming to write short stories on all the WW2 Service Personnel who are on the Roll of Honour or Memorials throughout Franklin District, now part of Auckland.

I would like to find a photo and some additional info of Terrance (Terrence) Peter WILLIAMS, born 17 August 1913, son of Richard Edgar Williams and Edith Mary, nee Smith and a twin to Errol Dennis Williams.

I have birth, marriage and death details and his Military Service record but have little on his life after the war and it appears he has no headstone. Any information on his early schooling would also be helpful.

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Williams Terrance Peter
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 February 24 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked on Papers Past? Also on the Cenotaph site?  If you know where he joined from or where his parents were from it can give you clues for searching

There are a couple of references in Archives under Terrance Peter Williams, one in 1993 and the other in 1948.  The 1948 one is in relation to a sale of land in Auckland

https://collections.archives.govt.nz/en/web/arena/search#/?q=Terrance+peter+williams&source=aims-archive

Where in NZ was he born/died? 

Looks like he had a son
1951/79042   Williams   RXXXX Txxxx   Margaret Jean   Terrance Peter
Would it be an idea to contact the son, if you can?

Offline heatherlea1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Williams Terrance Peter
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 February 24 08:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your interest. The 1993 reference is his probate, unfortunately not online yet. I think I found 3 sons with initials G R, M D and N G (this one has died) but have not been able to find them to contact. You appear to have found another if the initials are T R.

He was born in Masterton and died in Auckland. I have traced him through electoral rolls and found a few snippets on Papers Past, relating to his farewell and homecoming from the war.