Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 3rd March  (Read 2115 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 3rd March
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Trying hard to cheer up. Late last week GP's staff ordered wrong item twice, on repeat prescription, and didn't order more important one - I was so busy I didn't realise 'til too late when 2 days later I managed to find time to collect from our really efficient pharmacy.
Today spent all morning waiting (2nd week!) in vain for a call from nice man at virgin ( no-one rang) and 20 mins trying to get through to GP (cut off after 20 mins of waiting) so I'm totally frustrated all round. Grrrrr!
 Great start to the week, isn't it?
TY

Don't you have an NHS Sign In, with your Dispensing Chemist listed, Order Repeats (tick box) and check Authorisation status (changes to a different colour within a day usually), for your Prescription Repeats?  :)

Takes Mrs P 1 minute and me 2 to 3 minutes, but quicker than the Area Prescription Service number, that kept us waiting 20 - 30 mins to get through.

The GP Surgery linked us up, to use our 'NHS Log In' to order Repeat Prescriptions.

Mark
(Usually unable to adapt to something new, but managed it eventually, on the above)

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 17:43 GMT (UK) »
I totally understand your worry and frustration.
I had one heart drug removed by the by The Health Centre Pharmacist without any heart examination.
Spironolactone ,a diuretic,so now I have a cough and swollen ankles,and now I am also to stop Bumetanide another diuretic.———
I don’t feel any confidence at all.
What a mess we are in.

At Rochdale tomorrow for eye check ,if pressure OK I can stop eye drops,Yippee!

Been sorting out bedding ,I must have been running a hotel —- so much!
But we had four beds when all the offspring were at home ,everyone uses duvets now .

We felt rich when first married with three sets ,one on the bed one in the wash- drying - and a spare - in case!

Quick tea tonight ,son and brother off to pick up his car,that was quick .

Cheerio folks .
Viktoria.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 18:33 GMT (UK) »
MY GP Surgery utilises internet software called Patient Access.
I can order my repeats from there (all 9 items!) as well as checking test results.

My latest blood test results were available later on in the day of the test.
(PSA levels - all normal!)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Patients Access is good.  I can also order my repeat prescriptions, and have them delivered to my favoured pharmacist.   :) :)
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria, sorry to hear about your usual prescription and your health.

We have something going around in the Midlands, it isn't Covid or full Influenza, but something affecting Upper Respiratory, nose and throat, diarrhea, exhaustion and sleepiness.

A few cars in the Close have not left their driveways for a week, so probably laid up too.

Just checked my file and a sheet from GP confirms we have 'Patient Access' as well, but confused by 3 links to seemingly sign up and too much to take in.

Was asked have you NHS Sign-In (as I'd reported all my numerous Lateral Flow Tests) and can remember it, so I was half way there, using NHS Sign-in to order Repeat Prescriptions.

Mark

Added:
Yes, NHS Sign-In, confirms my Dispensing Chemist details too and we can check again if Doc has authorised it.

According to the GP 'Patient Access' blurb it seems there is also a link to GP Online Services / NHS Services?

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 21:39 GMT (UK) »
I must ask about those things ,thankyou.

Well I wrote to our M.P.James Daly, re elderly people being excluded because they have no internet, don’t feel safe using them and many could not afford them anyway so are quite excluded .
An answer has come today and is a prize example of exactly what I mean.
Full of jargon and terms only meaningful to people really at home with and competent in using computers.
Never mind there being some Government help to purchase and get lessons in how to use them ——- many will not be able to leave their homes through infirmity and many also will still not really be able to afford to buy etc.

A classic example of blinding people with Science.
He will get a reply - because he is missing the point entirely.

Age U.K will also no doubt reply to him .
I cannot understand very much , so many others will be really confused.

Hey Ho, the months roll by so quickly don’t they.
Summer will be over before we know it!

Well kitchen put to bed, tidy lounge  ,a milky de caf coffee with son and up early for Eye appointment.Son is also lleaving very esrly tomorrow to Head Office ,usually once a month there is a meeting etc.
He will stay overnight.

Well bath and bed .
Cheerio, look after yourselves.
Viktoria.

Offline Marianthompson47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 22:39 GMT (UK) »
It's as though the older one gets, the quicker the hours turn on the dial.

I simply cannot believe March is on our doorstep.
Will need to organise my seeds and heat up the greenhouse.

I will leave clearing the old dead plants until April as insects will still be sheltering.

At this rate, it won't be long until we bring in the Christmas decorations.
Very scary....🙃😔uote author=louisa maud link=topic=880700.msg7531493#msg7531493 date=1708936802]
Good morning  folks
Who can believe we are starting yet another week but March, time seems to be flying buy.

After yesterday waking up to frost and mist today is quite bright but blowing a gale, washing will  have to be double pegged  otherwise it will  be on walkabouts

Hope everyone is feeing brighter this week, I cut my first daffodils  yesterday but I know that others have them  earlier, they are cheerful flowers

Take care everyone .

LM
[/quote]

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 29 February 24 10:28 GMT (UK) »
I signed up for a repeat prescription order service online with our GP surgery, a couple of years ago - but never actually managed to get it to go through, so reverted to hanging on to the 'phone! Progress!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Online Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 29 February 24 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Our GP's surgery has a Repeat Prescription service, which means that I never have to order my medication.  Since we live in a village some distance from the nearest dispensing chemist's the surgery has its own dispensary, so I just have to walk up the road to collect my medication there and when I collect it I am given a slip of paper telling me the date of the next collection.

We can also see our patient records and test results on the Systmonline page.  Makes interesting reading sometimes! Appointments can be booked through this site, so there's no waiting for someone to answer the phone at busy times.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.