Author Topic: Bastardy Recognizance Order  (Read 100 times)

Offline lesleyhannah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Bastardy Recognizance Order
« on: Saturday 23 March 24 11:59 GMT (UK) »
I hit a brick wall with my earliest Yorkshire ancestor some years ago - and gave up trying - but thought I'd have another go, in the hope that maybe new rootschatters could help. I am searching for clues about Hannah Lowsley, born 1804 in Sutton, the illegitimate child of Mary. The surname is how my nan spelled it, but on official records there are a number of variations.
I have a copy of the East Riding Quarter Sessions 1828, Bastardy Recognizance Orders. Hannah was pregnant and named the father of her unborn child as John Joyson from Roos. John's father was also John Joyson, I'd be very grateful to get any information about the Joyson family. Thanks for any help. Lesley

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bastardy Recognizance Order
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 March 24 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley,
I have found a close match on the 1881 census in Hull, Mary was born in Market Weighton so it is in the right area of East Yorkshire.
I have seen several trees on Ancestry with Hannah mentioned but they are all private.
Hope this sheds some light on your query.
I can't attach the snip for some reason as the option is missing  ???
If you want it, send your email address by personal message and I can send it to you.
Surname is Johson and his Christian name is spelt Jhon, (this could be Jonathon)  or, you may be able to find them now
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU