Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 7th April 2024  (Read 1331 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 7th April 2024
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 06 April 24 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Bearkat,
Yes, I did try searching and did not find anything step by step.  However, after seeing your post I have tried again and have found some waffle on Youtube but that seems as clear as mud too.  I have book marked it. I am feeling very tired now, so my brain is mush for understanding anything right now and I will have to be up at 5 am tomorrow for work.  I will look at it again next week.  I might see if SiL understands.  She is usually very good at games.
Yes, I think I like your idea, thanks.  Hopefully, the same woman will be serving next week. I will ask her if she will explain how to get the game up and running.  Really, this ought to take no time at all to explain quickly, as it is such an easy game. ::)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 06 April 24 22:18 BST (UK) »
Well here we are at the end of the week and your posts have only just appeared in my notifications. ???
I always look in “ Unread posts”.
There has been nothing until just now.

Just watching “ Kate and The King” interesting.

Hope the wretched puzzle problem is solved , my mother in law had an answer for such situations , she would have retorted “ Oh there MUST have been!!!” When fobbed off with “no other complaints “.

Very blustery day, but sunny too.
Hope all are well ,or at least improving .
My Mum’s Birthday today ,got flowers in ,she was born in 1896 .
I have said that elsewhere.

Well Goodnight everyone .
Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 06 April 24 22:30 BST (UK) »
Goodnight Viktoria - you have ended the day with a laugh.  ;D I will try to emulate your Mother in law, when I go back next time. ;D ;)

Happy Birthday for your late Mother - I hope it has been a day for fond memories.
My Grandmothers were born 1892 and 1895 but the eldest one was two years younger when she died.  A Great Grandmother was also a year younger at death.  Just thought streaming.

Off to bed now.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 07 April 24 15:34 BST (UK) »
Well here we are at the end of the week and your posts have only just appeared in my notifications. ???
I always look in “ Unread posts”.
There has been nothing until just now.

Don't you click on 'New Replies ' Viktoria? I find that the easiest way. Any threads you've contributed to will show on the list if there are new posts. Of course you won't find the new diary threads at the beginning of the week until you've posted on it. I find the easiest thing is to look at the Stay Safe board on Mondays to see if anyone has posted a new thread.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 07 April 24 22:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks Roobarb,I usually click on the list that comes up when I press “ Mail”  .
I thought I was Persona non Grata!.

Interesting day today, a young couple from church came to look at all my stuff about old Manchester,maps, plans, photographs , accounts etc.
We had a light sandwich lunch.

They took some to,photocopy ,some had copyright so they  can’t be done but they can get those from our Central Library if they want them.

Then we went to our Rector’s home, he and his wife are young and very friendly and have open house on some Sundays after Church ,well in the afternoon.
His wife is a Vet , but also works on a farm which employs young offenders .
A real breath of fresh air , we haven’t had a Rector’s wife who has been so involved for many years.

Lots of rain today, but not so cold.

Hope those unwell feel better.

Cheerio. Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 08 April 24 10:37 BST (UK) »
Morning Viktoria,  I have started a new week.   LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 08 April 24 11:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Louisa.
What a dreary morning ,and I did an overnight wash,sheets and big towels in the hope (now  dashed ) that they would be dancing on the line!
Now on the maiden  >:(
That reminds me of a delightful book by J.B.Priestly - “ The Good
Companions “ , about a group of people,very different characters,who escape sad lives and join up together to form a travelling actors’ group and hit the road .
Delightful reading .
One man ‘s wife was quite spiteful and always had a clothes maiden full of wet washing blocking the fire when he came home from work , nagged him too so he left home .

The young couple who wanted to see my stuff about Manchester, historic maps and photographs etc came home with me, so a pleasant couple of hours then we went off to The Rectory for Hot Cross buns ,each month our new Rector and his wife have open house after Church on Sunday afternoons ,just chat between members of the four Churches in the Group Ministry .
He has a heavy workload. A very pleasant approachable young man and good for a laugh,his sermons can be hilarious with congregation participation .

Well my parcel containing mini bundles ,Well nets of Barley straw have arrived so asap a pond clean ,pump, filters etc, and a little bale in then hopefully my tame and very pretty fish will be much happier .

Cheese and onion pie for tea , pastry rubbed in ,onions cooked,  potatoes peeled and broccoli ready to cook. Cheese grated.

My daughter phones for a couple of hours every Monday so nice to get all cleared away before she does.

Look after yourselves folks .
Viktoria.