Author Topic: Thank a Kind Rootschatter helped me with O'Shaughnessy birth records LA  (Read 214 times)

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Thank a Kind Rootschatter helped me with O'Shaughnessy birth records LA
« on: Wednesday 03 April 24 02:20 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I forgot which post I made requesting for help with finding O'Shaughnessy birth records in New Orleans, LA.

I want to let this amazing helpful Rootschatter who was very patient and worked with me throughout searching the records know that I find further records.

It was wonderful experience and i did order the birth records.

Last year, I was able to confirm the birth record on my great grandfather Joseph O'Shaughnessy with his Seamen's papers along with the photos of his like! We do not have any photo of him.

And the birth date was spot on his birth record and his baptismal record! The baptismal record has his name right. The birth record is correct despite "wrong" name.

My mom's cousin was thrilled with my findings. She even shared her memories of her mother and my Grandpa along with their brothers. Lovely tidbits!

So, I wanted to thank this person from the bottom of my heart!

Many, many thanks for all the help and your patience in this case.

Kind regards,

Tees

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Thank a Kind Rootschatter helped me with O'Shaughnessy birth records LA
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 April 24 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi CaroleW,

Thank you for your post.

No, it was not this post as it is about censuses.

I did a lot of communication via PM or the post from here. This person was brilliant in identifying three birth records despite the names were badly transcribed as this person think French people probably do not understand my ancestors' English (accents or that they mostly spoke Gaelic).

Somehow, after finding the documents and these documents confirmed the birth records were theirs. It was only last year I was able to confirm the important birth record which was my great grandfather's with government papers.

Hopefully someone could recognise this and get in touch with me.

I simply want to thank this person.

Kind regards,

Tees