Author Topic: Thomas Bee  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Caitpaige24

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Bee
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 18 April 24 15:07 BST (UK) »
Do you have a copy of Lena's birth certificate to determine Thomas's occupation?

SS

Births Mar 1938   
Bee    Lena    Rouse    Surrey S.W.    2a   691

Hey sorry for the late reply,
Unfortunately I don't have a copy of Lenas Birth certificate.

Offline Caitpaige24

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Bee
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 18 April 24 15:40 BST (UK) »
Just Wanted to post a quick update

So just a quick note to start. There are lot of Thomas Bee's in this post so to distinguish them I will put the year they were born and their connection to me E.G Great Grandad to help makes things clearer.

So We start with Thomas Bee (1930 3rd Great Grandad) According to the 1881 Scottish Census Thomas aged 50 was married to a Mary (we believe Mary Bishop Innes)
And they had a few children listed with them in the census including a Thomas Bee aged 18.

Thomas Bee (1862 2ND Great Grandad) We believe matches the Aged 18 Census Thomas.

So for this Thomas we have Marriage registration that shows he married a Margaret Ford in 1901 and on this certification he is listed as a Widower.

In the 1891 Scotland Census there is a Thomas Bee aged 28 Married to a Cathrine Bee aged 26 (we believe Cathrine Graham) and Two children Rose Ann aged 6 and John aged 4.

Cathrine then died in 1891

We think Cathrine was his first wife as I have found a copy of his death certificate where it lists that he died in 1940 and was a widow of
1)Cathrine Graham
2)Margaret Ford

We also have birth certificate (found by SoftlySoftly) for Thomas Bee (1900 Great Grandad) which shows his parents as Thomas Bee(1862) and Margaret Ford and him as illegitimate.

Next is the 1901 Census which lists
Thomas Bee aged 37 (my 2ND Great Grandad)
Maggie Bee aged 32
Thomas Bee aged 4 months (my great grandad)

This is where it gets a bit tricky.
In the 1911 Scottish Census
Thomas Bee aged 49 (1862 2ND Great Grandad) is listed with a Margaret Bee aged 40 and a Mary Bee aged 5

There is a Thomas Bee aged 7 listed at a different address in Tranent East Lothian with an Andrew Bee aged 7.

Now I believe Andrew Bee is Thomas Bee (1900 Great Grandad) brother.

I have found a Marriage registration for an Andrew Bee in 1928 in Ontario,Canada
This Andrew was born in 1904 and emigrated to Canada where he got married.
His parents listed on the marriage registration are listed as Thomas Bee and Margaret Ford.

I told my Aunt about this and she said she remembered something her mum said (my Gran Myrtle) about how her dad moved to Canada when she was a young girl but my aunt said she forgot all about that conversation as my Gran said it towards the end of her life when she was suffering from dementia.

So it's quite possible that when Thomas (1900 Great Grandad) left the family he moved to Canada where his brother Andrew was.

I'm still trying to find things that connect Thomas to Andrew. Or Anything that suggests Thomas did go to Canada

But yeah just wanted to update everyone.