Author Topic: Zukow, Lemberg, Austria ...  (Read 328 times)

Offline isamarii77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Zukow, Lemberg, Austria ...
« on: Tuesday 09 April 24 06:19 BST (UK) »
Hello all! Im back once again with a post seeking for insight.. After years of curiosity and searching I have slowly got closer and closer! I've recently paid for a copy of alien case file of my great-great gpa. I paid close to no attention in history class so I have zero knowledge of this area and its past.

I had found a passenger list record where his nationality was polish and crossed out and replaced with Ruthenian or those may be switched ( was hard to decipher which was overlapped with the other)
Listed on his alien registration form from (1940) he was born in 1886 (in or near) Zukow, Lemberg, Austria. ( I know he spoke german from census )

I've been told to search in Ukraine archives which I have but closest records in year to 1886 that I have found are 1865. Any insights on where I could find archives from the decade he was born?

Any advice or commentary?

- Maricela :)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Zukow, Lemberg, Austria ...
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 April 24 08:24 BST (UK) »
What is his FULL NAME ????? - my Father in Law was Ukranian and I have done extensive research from there  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline isamarii77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Zukow, Lemberg, Austria ...
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 April 24 07:24 BST (UK) »
What is his FULL NAME ????? - my Father in Law was Ukranian and I have done extensive research from there  :)

Pawel Poniuch

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford