Author Topic: DISAPPEARED AFTER 1880 CENSUS  (Read 199 times)

Offline robang66

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DISAPPEARED AFTER 1880 CENSUS
« on: Thursday 11 April 24 21:02 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a KATE SCHLITZER, born 1864-65 in Pottsville, PA., to John and Catharine Schlitzer.  She appears in the 1870 and 1880 census and then poof! she's gone, at least to my research.  There have been about 6 different ways to spell the surname but after about 10 children, the common spelling seems to be Schlitzer.  I have supposed that instead of KATE, she could've been Kathryn or something similar.  I have looked to see if she married, died, migrated somewhere but all to no avail.  Would someone please point me in the right direction?  I would really appreciate it. 
Ireland, Scotland, England, United States, Germany, Australia.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: DISAPPEARED AFTER 1880 CENSUS
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 April 24 13:56 BST (UK) »
What happened to the other members of the family?  Their places of burial or obituaries might lead to her. 

Vital records in Pennsylvania are not comprehensive going back to 1880.  There are some marriage records for that county going back to 1885.  See here - http://www.co.schuylkill.pa.us/info/Offices/ROW/Marriage/Combo/Lookup.csp or here - https://www.phmc.state.pa.us/bah/dam/rg/di/r14-25RecordMarriages/r14-25MainInterface.htm 

Offline robang66

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DISAPPEARED AFTER 1880 CENSUS
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 April 24 15:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks for responding.  I have found all the family members except for Kate/Katie.   Thanks to you, I am now researching the archives for PA. 

Robang
Ireland, Scotland, England, United States, Germany, Australia.