Author Topic: Weobley to Illinois USA  (Read 1252 times)

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Weobley to Illinois USA
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 18 April 24 17:59 BST (UK) »
The obituary of Gertrude (Wilson) Marsh Clarke, who evidently died as Marsh, has already been clipped at newspapers.com, so it is viewable. It doesn't mention any siblings at all. I looked at what else the person had clipped and didn't see anything relevant, but you can click on their name and take a look.

Campbell, Nebraska, News, May 27, 1954
https://www.newspapers.com/article/the-campbell-news-obituary-for-gertrude/76309016/

Offline pedroparker

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 22 April 24 20:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks oldohiohome, apologies for a delay in replying.
That's a brilliant help to me again. Really appreciate it.

* The Ada Robinson/Emma Smith anomaly is interesting. And her sister Ada is still very elusive so will look into and note down incase.

* Link to Clara Beager's bible contact email works well thanks. I'll contact them shortly.

* Re- Herbert, that's brilliant again, had no marriage for him. I have DNA matches to Hoffman's in that area which could possibly throw more light but maybe another coincidence. ::)

* Re- Marsh, thank you again. As you said, no children mentioned but I'll have a look for children incase.

Thanks again for your time and kind help.

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 24 April 24 00:16 BST (UK) »
Shellyesq - maybe looking for coincidences here, and I'm really not familiar with USA marriage certificates... On the marriage certificate halfway down is the certification signing etc. There it has Ada Robinson Emma Smith and the word 'companed'?. Does anyone know what this means or who this person could have been or been recorded for? Am wondering if this could have been her sister? Am I putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5 or is this a realistic possibility?

Ada Robinson is not Ada Annie Wilson.

Newspapers.com marriage index
Ada H Brown, 22, married Martin S Robinson in Santa Ana about 1926

1930 Census, Santa Ana
Ana H Robinson, 26, lodger/head, married (but not with her husband), born in Colorado, father in Illinois, mother in Louisiana, typist, county court house
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XCDL-2C3