Author Topic: John McNamara (b.1799) and Winifred Rowan (Ruane, Rohan b.1799) Ballina?  (Read 38 times)

Offline Laurie Guimond

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am looking for any information about my great great grandparents John and Winifred McNamara.  All family trees on Ancestry seem to think they came from Ballina but I haven't been able to find anything to verify that. They immigrated to Canada and ended up in Buckingham, Quebec but I can't find the ship they came over from, where they were born for sure or any hard and fast documentation on them. We are heading to Ireland for our 2nd time in May with our 3 adult children (so excited) and would love to show them where the McNamaras and Rowans came from and if possible pay our respects. Below is what I have for my direct line:

gg grandfather:  John McNamara b. approx 1799-1801 Ballina
gg grandmother:  Winifred Rowan b. approx. 1799 Ballina died 1882 Buckingham, Quebec, Canada
g grandfather: John McNamara b. approx. 1832 Buckingham, Quebec
g grandmother: Ellen Rowe b. 1839 Buckingham, Quebec died 1923 Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
grandfather: James John McNamara b. 12 Jun 1870 Buckingham, Quebec, died 14 May 1959 Markstay, Ontario Canada
grandmother: Mary Lecour b. 8 Jan 1890 Lochiel, Ontario, Canada died 14 June 1961 Markstay, Ontario
father: James Thomas Linus b. 02 Dec 1928 Sudbury, Ontario, Canada died 15 Jan 2000 Oshawa, Ontario Canada
mother: Marie-Berthe Raymond b. 18 Apr 1933 Sudbury, Ontario Canada died 28 Feb 2014 Gore's Landing, Ontario, Canada

ANY assistance would be so greatly appreciated.  We have very few pictures of our grandparents and none of their siblings or parents.  It would be really nice to find something of any of them but would really like to know where we came from in Ireland.  Thank you, in advance and hope you all enjoy your day!!!